Sonic Electronix

burnt crossfire xsv2 tinsel leads

Well ever since i got the 14k2e i have said it is dirty as hell and i would take my k2d back in a heart beat. Well today i noticed only one sub was getting hot today.

So i took them out just a minute ago and i got one sub who has one sub with the Positive on one side completely riped in half and the other one Positive tinsel lead is shredded and about to rip. The other side i have busted where they are tied down at.

2011-04-24225254.jpg

2011-04-24225421.jpg

2011-04-24225431.jpg

2011-04-24225438.jpg

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

that looks fun. have you ever scoped your amps?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Clip monsta

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Subsonic filter in the wrong spot too..

You've yanked the leads 1.5" out from the other side man...playing WAY under tuning wide open.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

no i havent put a scope on my amp. The new k2e is dirty as hell and i have said it since the day i have hooked it up.

sub sonic filter and everything is set right. This aint my first rodeo bud.The amp is just dirty

I dont play that much under tuning i cant pick up songs that are like 30hz very well so i dont listen to them if they are that low mid 30s is about what i listen to

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

no i havent put a scope on my amp. The new k2e is dirty as hell and i have said it since the day i have hooked it up.

sub sonic filter and everything is set right. This aint my first rodeo bud.The amp is just dirty

I dont play that much under tuning i cant pick up songs that are like 30hz very well so i dont listen to them if they are that low mid 30s is about what i listen to

An amp being dirty..doesn't yank tinsel leads up like that...

They should make a gentle arc and go back towards the center off the coil like so:

Edit: On second thought after looking at the pictures again, it looks like the leads got hot enough to burn the spider which..let the thread loose which made the leads do that...

cf711adc.jpg

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

An amp being dirty..doesn't yank tinsel leads up like that...

They should make a gentle arc and go back towards the center off the coil like so:

Edit: On second thought after looking at the pictures again, it looks like the leads got hot enough to burn the spider which..let the thread loose which made the leads do that...

cf711adc.jpg

I truly think they just got to hot and broke loose and thats how they got damaged by flopping around. There is only one that is cleanly broke off where it is connected to the coil. I think that is just because the other tore in half and one tinsel lead was half way connect to the spider and it wasnt gonna handle that subs moving like it does.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Archived