Sonic Electronix

Dont mean to thread jack, but where is the grounding points in that little diagram? It Just seems like the grounds are going from battery to battery then to amps? Shouldnt you ground them babies to metal somewhere?

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

@davewms9605, probably, unless he wants the........ MAGIC SMOKE :lildevil:

Remember, when grounding, metal to metal contact. No paint in between. Larger wire is also preferable. Good luck with the system man.

If I'm goin to hell, I'm going in a HOLDEN!!!

Speed doesn't kill, Its the stopping suddenly that gets you.

Quoted by the one and only Jeremy Clarkson.

Build: A Secret!

Yes, you should run positive to positive and fuse for the wire ( so there is little to no resistance) so 200 to 250 amp fuse within 18" at the battery under the hood and also at the battery in the back. As for your ground, you should ground to the nearest good ground on your body, and or frame. Then fuse your amps according to the fuses that are currently in the amps. Example: 3 40amp fuses you would want a 120 amp fuse maximum.

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

Battsetup-1.jpg

The thicker wire is the 1/0, and the skinnier wire is the 4AWG. You basically connect all the positives together, and then all the negatives together

thanks so much!

Don't forget fuse after first battery, another before the second battery, then one on each positive from the rear battery before the amps. :)

Dont mean to thread jack, but where is the grounding points in that little diagram? It Just seems like the grounds are going from battery to battery then to amps? Shouldnt you ground them babies to metal somewhere?

Grounding to batteries is actually the most reliable source. Be sure all crimps/solders are perfect.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

yea you dont have to run a neg from the front to the back. just carfully ground the batts to the frame. also "USE FUSES" 16" from the front bat to the back etc..

battsetup1.jpg

Edited by Kian

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

yea you dont have to run a neg from the front. just carfully ground the batts to the frame. also "USE FUSES" 16" from the front bat to the back etc..

You are right that you dont have to, but If you plan on running a lot of power I recommend connecting batteries in parallel. Seriously, if you are going big, just do it right the first time.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

yea you dont have to run a neg from the front. just carfully ground the batts to the frame. also "USE FUSES" 16" from the front bat to the back etc..

You are right that you dont have to, but If you plan on running a lot of power I recommend connecting batteries in parallel. Seriously, if you are going big, just do it right the first time.

I agree if everything is close together. Like that back portion after the Duralast. Also dont cheap out, buy some nice welding cable or power wire 1/0. Dont worry about making a knot with the wire. www.weldingsupply.com <-- good prices

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

I agree if everything is close together. Like that back portion after the Duralast. Also dont cheap out, buy some nice welding cable or power wire 1/0. Dont worry about making a knot with the wire. www.weldingsupply.com <-- good prices

Agreed, My amp grounds to my rear battery are no longer than 24 inches. Keep that in mind as well. I run Monster Cable 400series 1/0. Not as flexible as other brands but it is all copper. As Kian was saying flexibility isnt always the goal of buying wire.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

Rockford Fosgate T400-4