12" Recone kits

I will talk to my friend Scott tomorrow, he owned the company, so I should be able to get specs from him! Considering the subs are at my parents 2 hours away! I know they were D4, and I am kinda sure they were 3" coils, but I will get the info.

If able I would like D2 kits, spiders capable of handling 1000rms of old school Zapco, woven tinsel leads, dust caps not needed as I have a stack of aluminum dust caps from when he closed the doors.

Thanks again

Mike

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

:good:

Talking to the owner of Onyx will help alot lol Mainly just need coil ID/OD and top plate thickness. I have frames, and motors to replicate the kits on here

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Ok I found an old ad in my "Onyx box", the LSM 10" & 12" had 3" VC with either D3 or D4 configurations. Did not say anything about ID/OD or top plate, dammit, lol!

the motor was a triple stacked 144oz! It also had a pulp cone with wide rolled surround, I will try to get the id/od and top plate measurements!

Thanks again!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

can you build baskets to fit soundstream xxx15..to make it into a 12"

need find me another motor to have 2 12's

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

• 1 month later...

I got the Onyx measurements:

3" inner diameter VC

3 1/4" outer diameter VC

Spider diameter is 7 3/4"

Coil height wrapping is 1 3/4"

Coil sleeve is 4", but I would like it flush with the cone, as I am using a con-cave aluminum dust cap, so roughly take 1/2" off of top to flush it and still have enough material for adhesive.

So heres what I want:

D2 impedence (copper or aluminum, which ever is stronger)

Dual spider configuration

Woven tinsel leads

New terminal posts (pair of pos. & neg)

High roll surround

Paper/pulp cone

thank you

Mike

PM me when you get a chance, I would like to order ASAP, that way I can decide whether or not I want to run one or two of these beasts in the car.

I want to throw about 1500-2000 rms to the sub, so let me know if it possible with this configuration.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Forevrbumpn

I have been searching the net for a recone kit for my woofer and no joy. you sound like you know your stuff so please help me.

ok so its a 12" ground zero nuclear the old school ones that is before they made the ones that now are made in china.

the coil is a (3" diameter/4 layer/2" winding) when this woofer was running it was 3000w rms.

Regards

Albert

Yeah pretty sure it would. I never messed with a SSD I assume its the 3" 4 layer coil motor on the FI line up

Also guys, I do have a Chrome frame, and RE HC motor/ Sonic FX which I want to build up with one of these kits, and a D2 coil

That I need to sell about $225, its for a buddy. I will post that up soon too

That makes a MEAN 12"

I also have an Atomic motor I can use as well

I'm very curious what the top pole of and re hc motor looks like I havean old one, and I can't findout exactly what it is anyway u can pm me a pic or ill send u a link to my thread, so you could perhaps help me identify it

Sorry to get off topic

Any 10 inch recones... I have a random 10 laying around that's blown that I wouldn't minde reconing, I have pics of the oldsoftparts with a mirometer so u can get all the demensions :)

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived