32 Amp Power Supply! (Pics)

Here's some pics of an old power supply that I did some tinkering with. It does a constant 31-32A at 12.3volts! It's 8 awg power/ground wire straight from the board. Im using this for a little garage build I've been working on this week. (The box I took the pictures on is part of it) Tell me what you guys think about the CPU...

48ec4dc2.jpg

bcec1f0a.jpg

55061790.jpg

a94063fc.jpg

b8df9dca.jpg

6fd98a42.jpg

109907c7.jpg

0830a7a9.jpg

843b890f.jpg

5b151e26.jpg

Thanks guys! :good:

Hey im a computer nerd and all that good stuff. How the hell did u mod the psu to get that much current out of it, let alone solder 8ga onto the board? Do you have any pics of how you modded it step by step? I have a 750w power supply for my amp in my room and i cant get more than 15 amps of power out of it for a split second before it kicks in the protection circuit on the psu and kills the power.

PLEASE let me know how you did this as it would be greatly appreciated on my part!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Good work. Ive done this to many a power supply.... works pretty well.

Kickass: Im assuming it has multiple 12 volt rails?

Good work. Ive done this to many a power supply.... works pretty well.

Kickass: Im assuming it has multiple 12 volt rails?

Rusty: yes, it has 8 of them. This psu is totally overkill but it has a shit ton of sata, ide, floppy, all the connectors in the world that are +12 and -12v for power. I just dont know how or where i should tap into on the psu to get 8ga onto it or how to get that much amperage out of it without blowing the circuit on the psu like i do all the time.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

At Kickass. My CPU has (2) 12volt outputs on the board that run at 18A a piece. I un-sodered the original wiring from both outputs and ran (6) 18 gauge wires to connect each output to the other. Then I sodered the 8 gauge directly to the board where the 18 gauge wires connect. I can get pics of the insides tomorrow if you want?

At Kickass. My CPU has (2) 12volt outputs on the board that run at 18A a piece. I un-sodered the original wiring from both outputs and ran (6) 18 gauge wires to connect each output to the other. Then I sodered the 8 gauge directly to the board where the 18 gauge wires connect. I can get pics of the insides tomorrow if you want?

yes please!! Im just like everyone else on here, im a picture whore. lmao. If you have a quick pic of which wires you tapped into that would be perfect. Also what wattage psu do you have? I dont think i can get 30 amps out of mine but maybe around 20ish.

Anyways let me know by either shooting me a pm with the pics or post them up on here to show everyone else what you did.

Thanks bro!!

yes please!! Im just like everyone else on here, im a picture whore. lmao. If you have a quick pic of which wires you tapped into that would be perfect. Also what wattage psu do you have? I dont think i can get 30 amps out of mine but maybe around 20ish.

Anyways let me know by either shooting me a pm with the pics or post them up on here to show everyone else what you did.

Thanks bro!!

Lol... I didn't do any wire tapping, I just sodered them to different places on the board. Idk what the wattage is now but when I first bought it it put out 504wrms on output 1 and 504-505wrms on output 2. So I guess it's a 500 watt psu.