head unit dimming

The headunit is a pioneer p3100dvd and my problem is whenever I turn on my headlights/fog lights/running lights it dims a good amount (like goes from the brightness on an ipod all the way up to it being all the way turned down). What is causing this and can it be fixed?

BABYJUICE

Possibly due to voltage drop. I doubt it though. What car do u have?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

The headunit is a pioneer p3100dvd and my problem is whenever I turn on my headlights/fog lights/running lights it dims a good amount (like goes from the brightness on an ipod all the way up to it being all the way turned down). What is causing this and can it be fixed?

lmao, you hooked up the dimmer wire, its to make it easier on your eyes at night, just go into the settings and turn the dimmer setting off, or unhook the orange wire in the wiring harness that you did, it will be solid orange, this wire tells the deck to dim its lights when you turn on your headlights, cause it figures its night time and it will make it easier on your eyes :D

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

lmao, you hooked up the dimmer wire, its to make it easier on your eyes at night, just go into the settings and turn the dimmer setting off, or unhook the orange wire in the wiring harness that you did, it will be solid orange, this wire tells the deck to dim its lights when you turn on your headlights, cause it figures its night time and it will make it easier on your eyes :D

if that's what it is :fool:

I just assumed it was dimming with the beat

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

i was just gonna say that...

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I didn't even know it had a dimmer setting, and I had it installed 2 years ago when I wasn't big into audio, and the truck is an 03 f250. And thanks for the replies, when I get out in the morning ill check those settings

BABYJUICE

if that's what it is :fool:

I just assumed it was dimming with the beat

"The headunit is a pioneer p3100dvd and my problem is whenever I turn on my headlights/fog lights/running lights it dims a good amount" lol

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Archived