My car was broken into.

Nothing says i have something to steal more than 5% tint, coming from someone who's brother was a thief i kinda know how they think. There is nothing worse than getting ripped off by someone you know either, needless to say if it weren't for my mom his ass would have been beaten quite badly several times over. Just keep things simple and out of sight and people are none the wiser.

Since when is tinting window attract thieves ? I didn't know that I got 2 cars with tints and their both stock the one with out tint is the one with the system......... I'm just surprised I never knew that

Nothing says i have something to steal more than 5% tint, coming from someone who's brother was a thief i kinda know how they think. There is nothing worse than getting ripped off by someone you know either, needless to say if it weren't for my mom his ass would have been beaten quite badly several times over. Just keep things simple and out of sight and people are none the wiser.

Since when is tinting window attract thieves ? I didn't know that I got 2 cars with tints and their both stock the one with out tint is the one with the system......... I'm just surprised I never knew that

I can relate to what he is trying to say. Installing tints on your car might make a person wonder about what could be behind those windows.

Yep. I bought my first car and went straight for a sound system when everyone kept telling me to get an alarm. My car got stolen a few months later. From then on, with every car I bought I always installed an alarm first. Sad that for some of us it takes a bad experience before we start making wise decisions.

My 40 year old friend just recently bought a Tahoe, threw rims and a system in it the first day and it got stolen a few days later. Everyone was telling him to get an alarm but he didn't listen. He bought a '98 BMW with the insurance money from the Tahoe and did the same thing (bought rims and a system), and he's just now getting around to buying an alarm... He should be slapped.

Tints don't make a difference. Buy an alarm and some heat. Also look into air bag suspension and keep it lowered overnight just in case you have those thieves (like in my city) who simply tow cars instead of breaking into them. And pay attention to your surroundings when playing your music loud. A lot of times, thieves will hear your subs and just follow you home (or to wherever you're going). After they know where you live and work, it's a wrap.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

but viper with motion sensor + 5% tint = alarm warn away chirp or full arm siren when they lean in to TRY to see what you have.

good luck sorry for your loss.

Wait so they make a proximity alarm?

Link?

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

I'm super sorry to hear that man. But hey, forget them and start from scratch again and build a better system TWICE as loud to show whoever stole your system you're capable of bigger and better things. Keep your head up man. Wish you and your family the best of luck.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

If you gt a viper get the glass sensor and interior sensor that sets off the alarm if someone sticks there hand threw the window. 5% tint isnt gonna help if your playing your system loud around your neighborhood. Thats like a green light for theives. I got two cops that live on my block :yahoo: so that helps me out they cruise the hood once a hour. If you cant afford a alarm you might want to buy some "Justin Beiver" stickers and place them on your windows. that way people would not even care to look what you had.

Nutup~or~Shutup

Sorry about having you car broken into, sounds like they didn't go through glass to get inside? I had one of my cars broken into about 8 years ago, whoever broke into my ride couldn't take anything because I had everything bolted down and used torx screws. My alarm went off, my wallet and cell phone was inside and they ran once my alarm kicked in.

Most people I know that breaks into cars look for easy targets. Sounds like they were inside your car for a while, hence no alarm led's or sensors?

Sorry for the loss bro, maybe some kewl SMD members can donate some gear to you. You can always ask around, if I had any old stuff I would send it your way.

You can always get a bumper sticker or window decal stating "Shoot first, ask questions later" or beware of owner.

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

Archived