2LOUD Posted April 28, 2011 Report Posted April 28, 2011 Hi all, I just purchased a DD 2512a (4-OHM DVC) sub and I am wondering what enclosure I should build in order to hit the 150db mark. It is going into a medium sized hatchback, but now I am really considering getting another 2512a sub just as insurance to hitting those numbers. Thanks
n8ball2013 Posted April 28, 2011 Report Posted April 28, 2011 single 2512 is not hitting a 150 THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
2LOUD Posted April 28, 2011 Author Report Posted April 28, 2011 single 2512 is not hitting a 150 Yeah I thought so, best I seen so far is a 137 and that was with a 900rms into it. But that was in a sedan so I wasn't really sure. So I guess two it is!
SpartanSound Posted April 28, 2011 Report Posted April 28, 2011 For sure. Adding another sub would definitely add to your numbers.
n8ball2013 Posted April 28, 2011 Report Posted April 28, 2011 you want a 150 more cone area and more power THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
fecupe2001 Posted April 29, 2011 Report Posted April 29, 2011 Hi all, I just purchased a DD 2512a (4-OHM DVC) sub and I am wondering what enclosure I should build in order to hit the 150db mark. It is going into a medium sized hatchback, but now I am really considering getting another 2512a sub just as insurance to hitting those numbers. Thanks damn, why don´t you set yourself a low goal? just saying... Anyways, so far , best score i´ve seen on a single 2512 was 147 with a DD m3 if i´m not mistaken, on the other hand, i did score a 144 with a single 2512 on a piece of crap box, so i do think you can hit a 147 without problems after some testing depending on the power and car, in my explorer, best i found was 2 cubic feet and 6" aeroport by the way... I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
2LOUD Posted April 29, 2011 Author Report Posted April 29, 2011 okay, so 2 x 2512a it is. Now in terms of enclousres what would be the best for SPL? I have run 2 x 10's with the ports and subs facing outwards and they hit pretty hard. This time I was thinking of running the subs facing up with a pair of square ports facing backwards? Any thoughts? *Digital Designs Ported Enclosure*
2LOUD Posted April 29, 2011 Author Report Posted April 29, 2011 Hi all, I just purchased a DD 2512a (4-OHM DVC) sub and I am wondering what enclosure I should build in order to hit the 150db mark. It is going into a medium sized hatchback, but now I am really considering getting another 2512a sub just as insurance to hitting those numbers. Thanks damn, why don´t you set yourself a low goal? just saying... Anyways, so far , best score i´ve seen on a single 2512 was 147 with a DD m3 if i´m not mistaken, on the other hand, i did score a 144 with a single 2512 on a piece of crap box, so i do think you can hit a 147 without problems after some testing depending on the power and car, in my explorer, best i found was 2 cubic feet and 6" aeroport by the way... That's a decent number for a single 12, do you still have the box specs. What amp ran this?
korey_hofer Posted April 29, 2011 Report Posted April 29, 2011 and why won't a 2500 hit a 150? I don't see it being that hard really previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.