Sonic Electronix

so im getting 2 12" alpine type rs. and 2 aq750s

i was wondering if i should get the d2s and wire to 1 ohm for 750rms or d4s and wire to 2 ohms for 500 rms

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

i dont think the type r's can handle more than their rated rms. 550w max? lol

600rms 1800 max

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

i dont think the type r's can handle more than their rated rms. 550w max? lol

haha the arg is a solid sub and under rated

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

the very easiest way would be to just get a single 1200d. get d4 coils and wire all in parallel to 1 ohm.

edit: and for the record, type r's can take over rated power, to an extent of course

Edited by Kranny

i had my type rs on 850 solid watts each for about 3 months ... they did ok but if i played too loud too long they got smelly but damn they got loud before that i had them on about 700 daily and they loved it no problems at all

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I have run a type r 15 in a much bigger box than the manufacturer recommends (4.5 ft ^3 @ 35 hz), on a Rockford t1000 constant power at 1 ohm (over 1300 watts) and it had no problems at all. Never got stinky or warm. I am no expert but I think 750 rms would be fine on a 600 rms sub if you set your gains properly. After impedance rise you wont be seeing the full power anyway.