Sonic Electronix

If you are going to do a pre fab box, why would you even consider buying online, also, sealed may be a better option for a pre fab box, unless those Sundowns hate sealed... I have no experience with them myself.

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

You can build a box in one day, let it sit in your vehicle over night with the windows down to allow the fumes to air out.

:/, Can anyone just answer the question? Is there any box I can use that's already built on the non-expensive side. That's all I want to know. I appreciate the comments encouraging me to build the box, but I just can't do it at this moment. So if anyone knows any boxes, please let me know. Thank you.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

I mean, if your looking for a prefab box buy any you can, they will all be pretty bad if you cheap out on them. That's my input on the subject, I've told you a way that building would work...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Man I bought a pre fab ported box. It was well made no doubt. 3/4 MDF, 45's on the inside, spring loaded terminals all the works... But tuned S O O O high, it was ridiculous!!!

It was made by audioenhancers.com

If your subs will run sealed, and this is only going to be for a month or so, then that's what I would do, most sealed boxes sound pretty decent... But I'm a noob.

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Lowes ace, and home depot cut wood for you. Get measurements, screws and glue. Then assemble at home in the living room. Thats what i do.

I built 2 boxes that way. Built a 4th order bandpass in my bedroom too, even cut the holes for the ports and subs with a jigsaw and spent 1 hour vacuuming my carpet. Ahhhh, those were the days.:good:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

i agree with having lowes cut the wood for you, screw and glue on a nice day outside put in car over night with windows down and u got a box

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

I understand that building a box is way better then buying a sealed / ported one, but that's what I'm looking at doing. Putting them in a ported / sealed box, would it affect the subs after a month of being used? I got friends who have sealed / ported box's of 2 12s Kickers, and I don't mind it. Maybe to you guys it sounds like total crap, but to my ear, it's not bad and I can live with it. So can someone please just answer my question and help me find a good box for these subs. If not, I'm just going to go to my local audio store and buy one. It's my decision and if it sounds terrible, I have nobody else to blame but myself, and I'm taking that risk. Thank you.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

If you already have your mind set on buying a pre fab, then just compare prices. See what it would cost to order one with shipping, then see how much one is at your local audio store.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........