Second Skin Audio

4th order bandpass

jreese92

But i don't think its very smart to put 1200 watts rms to a 600 watt rms sub.

You don't need to use all of it, and probably won't have to anyways. It's just good to have extra clean power available in case you need it, especially since the SA's are known to be able to handle more than rated power. It's when you have too little power, trying to push the amp hard in order to get more output, when you run into trouble.

-Ryan

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

no it's 1200 rms, but i am not in the position to blow a $200 sub by doubling it's rms

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

if im wrong correct me but thats 1200 peak out of the amp not rms.

itll do 1200 rms at 1 ohm. with the right electrical. aq rates their amps at rms not max ratings

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

well i like the box idea, because your right, not very many people build to factory specs. But i don't think its very smart to put 1200 watts rms to a 600 watt rms sub.

that sub will be fine. if you set it with an oscope at your local car stereo place. you wont have to worry about over powering it. even though that SA would probably handle 1200 anyways.

if you set your gains with an oscope the amp wont have to work hard at all to give the sub the power it wants.

having extra power is like (id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it) sorta thing

the gain will be turned down some so you wont be using the amp to its full potential. i wouldnt worry about the power ratings that much.

setting everything with an oscope will make it all work just fine.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

well i don't know anything about setting gains really, but how would i know when i'm overpowering my sub?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

ohh crud i thought that was rms ratings :werd_msword:

u wont blow that sub man really that sub can take a beating. and u have a gain knob on the audioque amp u dont have to run it 1200 24/7 just turn ur knob down. but then when u do wanna run 1200 boom its there with twist of a knob.

i can tell you that running a 1200 rms amp on that sa 12 will be fine even though it says 600 rms, the thing is the manufactuer will tell you 600 rms to keep you from killing it and like someone else said the aq 1200 is a clean power at 1200 when you set gains accordingly you will see no issues. clean power is your friend, its when you start clipping and giving dirty power or not enough power that will hurt you. so i would recommend you run the aq 1200 on it if your trying to keep cost down hope this helps you

dont mistake a gain knob to be more power though it just simply adjust the gain input on your amp from a sutible location. if your not sure on how to set your amp up i would go to your local car audio shop and ask for help

Archived