Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

shorly after xmas i got all these goodies in the mail. As you can probably tell i didnt know exactly what i was doing so ya enough said. these are pictures of the OG install much have changed since then.

First off what i got

2 12" 2Ohm DVC Kicker L5s

13474617201103731511550.jpg

Rockford Fosgate R1000-1D which came with a raptor 4 gauge kit

13576617200851325201550.jpg

A ebay prefab box cause i don't trust myself making or wrapping one. Each chamber is 2.5 Cubic feet. no clue the tuning

13500617201203734011550.jpg

Wire to my dirty battery terminals

imag0331b.jpg

Power under passenger side carpet

imag0330q.jpg

Remote, gain control and RCAs under drivers side carpet

imag0329c.jpg

Amp on back of box

imag0001wc.jpg

box in back of truck

imag0016ly.jpg

More pics of custom work to follow tomorrow before or after work.

Posted

Nice man, this is how I started in my navigator with two L5 12s and moved on to 4 L7 15s then on to 18s lol. Soon u will get use to it and want to upgrade lol, anymore pix?

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Posted

Also there is a guy by the name of ridinclean on caraudioclassifieds.org selling custom door panels for your explorer if ur interested they're tooo sick!

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Posted

nice start off bro, i remember my first system. in time you'll move up. see if you can screw that amp on the back seat, wouldn't wanna mess up the circuit board with the vibration would ya?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Posted

anymore pix?

coming up soon

selling custom door panels for your explorer

i would be so down for those but since this is still in my parents name i dont want to do too much to it that i cant get back.

wouldn't wanna mess up the circuit board with the vibration would ya?

ya that would be bad though it seems out of everything in my truck the box vibrates the least. like all the seats feel like a toddler is behind you kicking them

Posted

So after a month or two of having the cheap 14 gauge wire to my subs i replaced it with solid copper stranded 10 gauge wire. In the process i broke one of the terminals. Cheapest 'metal' iv ever seen, pretty much aluminum with like crap iron inside. So i broke all the others off and drilled out the holes and replaced the terminals with solid nuts and bolts.

From the inside of the box

19265418161940551831550.jpg

From the outside

19371918163450189571550.jpg

More pics of changed to follow after work

Posted

Very nice.still tuned in!lol

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

Posted

Next up I made some boxes to go on ether side of the subs to give it a custom look and keep the subs from moving. I made these out of scrap wood I had laying around my barn

Boxes all cut and put together

19119818398858474631550.jpg

Sanded and primed

19422118413668844881550.jpg

Put back together painted. I also painted the trim around the speakers

19385518666731971301550.jpg

I also decided i wanted to put blue lights in each of the three cubbyholes of the boxes and in ether side of the port. I ran some thick speaker wire from the back dome across the headliner and down the side trim to then go in to a distribution box on the back of the subs. Here the five wires for the lights will connect.

wires with quick connects in dome opening

20935218697525541121550.jpg

comes across the headliner to here then down the trim that is removed

21025118683070379751550hl.jpg

comes out at the bottom and runs under my cargo mat then comes back up where it connects

19434918683076779911550.jpg

wires soldered to dome light with quick connects

21059118697836348891550.jpg

dome light reattached

21003618697969152211550.jpg

DIY distribution box mounted

21010918683098380451550.jpg

more to come after work tonight or after school tomorrow

Posted

This post will bring my build log up to date for now

I made a skateboard rack so I don't have to worry about my board flipping over and hitting my subs. Also adds something custom for who I am. The rack is made out of scrap wood like everything else then wrapped in felt with 3M spray adhesive.

Marking where rack will go for holes

20131618720048904191550.jpg

Rack on box from back

20970018742140256461550.jpg

Up next is finishing the side boxes. For this I made doors out of Lexan with aluminum bracing to make it more ridged. The doors are on bore-less glass hinges and have push release magnetic strike latches so there is no need for a handle and keeps a clean look.

Here is the left box with the doors installed

21853519053213633101550.jpg

Left box with openings masked off

20974219053972452071550.jpg

Left box wrapped in black felt before anything was cut

22014619053999252741550.jpg

Right box masked off

21945019115171982021550.jpg

Right box wrapped without anything cut

20219319115519190701550.jpg

Right box all done with door in

22112619116828023421550.jpg

I also cleaned up the port a bit. The box came with the port horribly sprayed and without the cut ends of the MDF sealed. I painted the port gloss black then sanded and filled all pores with wood filler. Once that dried I sanded again and panted a few more coats of gloss black on the port.

Sub openings(subs removed) masked off and first coat with wood fill

20221419013656644201550.jpg

Port final coat done

22079519033934751141550.jpg

SMD light installation coming up next

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 396 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...