DC Sound Lab

Broke my subs, fixable?

That looks weird that your leads weren't sewn down to your spider. My LVL4 12s, LVL4 15, and LVL2 8 all have leads that are sewn down.

Also what model/size is yours?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

That looks weird that your leads weren't sewn down to your spider. My LVL4 12s, LVL4 15, and LVL2 8 all have leads that are sewn down.

Also what model/size is yours?

Yeah, too bad I cant recall if the were sewn or attached some other way prior to this happening. They are 2x 12" level 3 w/ level 4 coild, d1

Yes playing too high can cause over excursion if your box is on the smaller side and port is on the larger side with low tuning. My 4 15s were PEAK TO PEAK at 50hz with dual stiffs and everything. tuned to 27hz

Yeah playing too high seems more likely, as I said I'm tuned VERY low which I was in the process of changing. :(

What does this mean: "My 4 15s were PEAK TO PEAK at 50hz with dual stiffs and everything. tuned to 27hz"

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Ok, I extended them and soldered back to the terminal and one came lose again already... I'm tired of fucking with it! How hard is it to bypass the terminals and direct wire? I have seen this done. I don't care about making the worthless as long as they just work long enough to be left alone until I can upgrade to my 15's.

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Anyone? Tired of being without my damn subs.

Yeah dude your fucked unless you completely replace the entire lead with a longer new one. To do that you need to remove the dustcap and unsolder the old leads. Then resolder new ones and carefully run them through the cone to the terminal.

Had the same thing happen when I owned a pair of Level 4 12's and was told it was probably my fault no matter what because there was no way that it wasn't done right from the build. I was pretty pissed to be told that I didn't know what I was talking about and getting told by the manufacturer that there was no way it was something on their end. So I switched brands and have been running those ever since with the smallest amount of problems from them as I could ask for. Not to mention much better customer support upon product failure, opposed to the pointing the finger at the customer technique that I previously experienced.

My advice, get a sub with sewn down leads and it shouldn't happen again, or if it does not because the leads are too short. If it happened with sewn down leads it's more than likely going to burn the lead and not snap it, and THAT can be a reason to blame the customer.

Good luck bro!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I just got off the phone with Rusty from DC. He gave me several options on how to fix this plus offered to send the length of lead I would need for free. He also offered for me to send them in for repairs, I just have to pay shipping. He told me that the probable reason this happened was too big of a box, it needs to be closer to 3 cubes so I'll start that asap. Even after telling him I bought these used, and had NO idea what the prior owner put them through, he still offered to fix for free!

I am more than pleased with the response from the guys at DC! Thanks to everyone that shared their input with me, but for now this problem is solved!