OBI Posted April 30, 2011 Report Posted April 30, 2011 So about 1 and a half month ago I tweaked my back doing dead-lifts. Took some time off to let my back heal, and about a 2 weeks later I felt fine. Experienced no pain or soreness from doing anything requiring me to use my lower back. So I got back to my workout routine. Been doing my deadlift and squat workouts, and they're going great. But recently my lower back has been kinda acting up. I don't feel like its injured. Muscles don't feel weak or hurt, actually just did my leg day, involving squats on Wednesday, and my back felt fine. What been happening recently is for example; last week I was hunched over looking for a DVD I dropped on the floorboard of my car, and when I went to straighten up I got this shooting pain/discomfort feeling from that simple movement. Went in stretched my lower back real good, and it felt fine. Now again today, I was sitting down at school, and twisted my torso and experienced the same feeling. Came home stretched it out and it feels good now. Other than that, throughout the day it feels fine. It feels fine during and after my workouts, its just randomly get this spikes of pain through simple movements. Any ideas on what it could be? Never really been injured, I guess I've been lucky lol. Till now.
rubbernutz1 Posted April 30, 2011 Report Posted April 30, 2011 sounds like a pulled or strained muscle. they usually take more than just 2 weeks to heal up completely. well at least for me any ways. my back does that shit now and then
OBI Posted April 30, 2011 Author Report Posted April 30, 2011 sounds like a pulled or strained muscle. they usually take more than just 2 weeks to heal up completely. well at least for me any ways. my back does that shit now and then But wouldn't a pulled or strained muscle limit me in the amount of weight I can lift? I can still lift as heavy as prior to the deadlift incident.
corey0928 Posted April 30, 2011 Report Posted April 30, 2011 You can't just tweak something in your back unless its just a muscle. Usually back injuries are from tthings that happen over a period of time something just pushed it that extra bit. My back is crazy how it ccomes in spurts but if its something in your spine region go to a good chiropractor they do wonders.
Hellbound Train Posted April 30, 2011 Report Posted April 30, 2011 I myself am not sure what I have done. My back hasnt hurt like this in a couple years. I did something about a week ago. Lower back hurts sometimes and hurts to bend when it does. I can feel the pain in my legs too.
woodzyspl Posted April 30, 2011 Report Posted April 30, 2011 well i never have problems..but if i lie down or sit and strech wrong it hurts like a bitch and get like cramps or something in my right side..after 5 min it gone..still train and no worries..weird shit your back AUSTRALIA do i need say more? HU: some crap pionee AMP: dc 9k @ 18v SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12" Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d burp setup for fun 152's soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU
OBI Posted April 30, 2011 Author Report Posted April 30, 2011 You can't just tweak something in your back unless its just a muscle. Usually back injuries are from tthings that happen over a period of time something just pushed it that extra bit. My back is crazy how it ccomes in spurts but if its something in your spine region go to a good chiropractor they do wonders. So you think its something thats been lingering then? I'll have to take a look at going to a chiropractor. About how much do the visits run on average? I myself am not sure what I have done. My back hasnt hurt like this in a couple years. I did something about a week ago. Lower back hurts sometimes and hurts to bend when it does. I can feel the pain in my legs too. You ever figure out what was wrong? well i never have problems..but if i lie down or sit and strech wrong it hurts like a bitch and get like cramps or something in my right side..after 5 min it gone..still train and no worries..weird shit your back Yes it is. I just hope its not something that can progressively get worse.
rubbernutz1 Posted April 30, 2011 Report Posted April 30, 2011 if ur feeling the pain shoot down your legs to then it sounds like a pinched nerve or something.
corey0928 Posted April 30, 2011 Report Posted April 30, 2011 Mine is $40 a visit but the first is usually free. I pay more for the extra care and machines they have though. If I can find my xrays ill show why i had to go and how a few months did wonders.
dirtracer27x Posted April 30, 2011 Report Posted April 30, 2011 i have 2 compressed disk in my lower back,the pain also comes and goes.i just have to be very careful with what i lift.but this week i was feelin fine then i just happened to twist in a funny position in my boat,and there she went.i can barely walk.ive been on percocets and morephine for the pain for about 6 months.next the doc wants me to get some cortizone shots,but he said it was only temporary.i would get some xrays if you can and catch it early if its more than just a pulled muscle. alpine 794 h/u 6 crescendo ccx 6.5 comps 4 polk db 6x9 3 ways 2 jl audio OG 12w6 v1 1 jl audio OG 10w6 v1 1 soundstream rubicon rubi5.800 5 channel 1 soundstream rubicon rubi2.600 2 channel 1 soundstream rubicon rubi800.1 mono class d 1/0 knu 6 farad soundtream cap soundstream bx 10 soundstream 3 way xover
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.