Jump to content

My way to 153.2dB @ 26Hz. Ford Express with 4x 15"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, what is your 4th order ratio? Btw, nice build.

Also saw you name drop alan dante and team riprock earlier, you know them?

The front chamber are 850L and the back chamber are around 285-300L.

I don´t know Alan, but he did give me the recomendation and M&M looked at the recomendation before I started to build.

About Mike and Mark, I don´t know if I want to say that I know them, since I live in Sweden and they live in Alberta/Canada. But I have had contact with them on mail and MSN from now and then since 2003-2004. It was when I had an Ford Fiesta in the Extreme-class and they had the Civic in extreme. I think it´s about two-three weeks since I last talked to them, any reason to why you ask?

But if you ask them if they ever have had contact with Kim from Sweden they gonna know who you are talking about ;)

The Fiesta:

497423_74_full.jpg

322009_313_full.jpg

V-tuna.jpg

FiestaHolland.jpg

The whole build, but only with Swedish text: http://www.garaget.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=201364&p=1

I think that we had an build thread with english text on Termpro in the European forum, but it´s from 2002-2004 so I don´t know if it´s still there.

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Im more curious as to how much power was on this, scores are what im looking for with a similar setup, but im worried i need too much power?

absolutely sick setup i love the kind of car that is similar to the new ford freestyles i see running around :drink40:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Posted

I used four B2 Audio amps called "Mono". One on each 15", the woofers have dual 2ohm coils put in parallell, the amps are rated to 1800WRMS @ 1ohm each.

So I had a total of 6200WRMS on the woofers.

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Just wondering cuz I know them boys build extreme cars and figured you might have one too, I was right. Thanks for sharing.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Posted

There´s a typo in the topicname, I only did 153,2dB @ 26Hz ;)

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

I'm EXTREMELY impressed. 153db at 26hz? That's just insane. The shirt trick/hairtrick videos really tell the story. And you were a student during this whole build? Dude, 99% of the students in car audio couldn't even get close to doing something like that. :clapping:

I guess a late welcome to the forums is in order...haven't seen you around here at all myself, so welcome. :drinks:

And feel proud, your English is ten times better than 95% of the people that post here and speak English natively. Hats off to you :drink40:

POTATO!

Posted

I'm EXTREMELY impressed. 153db at 26hz? That's just insane. The shirt trick/hairtrick videos really tell the story. And you were a student during this whole build? Dude, 99% of the students in car audio couldn't even get close to doing something like that. :clapping:

I guess a late welcome to the forums is in order...haven't seen you around here at all myself, so welcome. :drinks:

And feel proud, your English is ten times better than 95% of the people that post here and speak English natively. Hats off to you :drink40:

It´s like a little hurricane when you are standing in the door opening ;)

I´m still a student (@ the university), but I´m 30 so I have been around in the caraudio game for some time.

Well it´s not a late welcome, I joined the forum today. So thanks!

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

That is pretty sad that someone hit your extreme car while on the trailer, wow. I would be pissed.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 1 Anonymous, 4870 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...