Sundown Audio

wiring two amps to three subs

I have two subs running off a two channel amp that is rca'd to the sub outputs on my deck. I just bought another sub and amp and want to hook it up as well. I have never done it before but is that what the outputs on my first amp are for? Can I just run rca's from the amp that is hooked up to my deck to the other sub amp? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have two subs running off a two channel amp that is rca'd to the sub outputs on my deck. I just bought another sub and amp and want to hook it up as well. I have never done it before but is that what the outputs on my first amp are for? Can I just run rca's from the amp that is hooked up to my deck to the other sub amp? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like it to me, I don't know what amps your running but most of them have out puts you can use for other amps.

06 Monte Carlo

Motorola T605

Alpine CDA 9886

Polk mids and highs

Yellow top

2 XS Power D975

Knukoncepts 0 gauge

1 DC Audio 3.5K

1 DC LVL 4XL 15" Thorshammer package

then you should ask this (to first poster)

what amps are they, what subs (brand, dvc, svc, 2,4, ohm?), what h/u

to hook the amps together i am sure they need to be the exact same amp in order to work that way and you have to be careful on the gains and settings of each amp, and you want to be careful how they subs are wired

and unless they are same amp, and you can put them together like master/slave or daisy chain (i think its called) (these could be two different ways, not sure, never had more than one amp at a time), then i think you need either separate preouts on your h/u for each amp, or an eq to have in installed in between your h/u and amps (again could be wrong)

im a super noob, dont take my word for it, but still should answer the questions i posed for amps, subs, h/u and hopefully more knowledgeable people will come and help

please read my sig for my disclaimer

edit: took me too long to post, you replied, lol (what model, the brand alone wont help, exact model # if possible)

Edited by kynto

Have to know what model of JL amps and what subs, and if you know what ohm the subs are dual 2, dual 4, etc? And they all have to the be the same ohm, like all dual 4 or single 4 ohm subs or you can't do what you are thinking. Also amps have to be same model.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Have to know what model of JL amps and what subs, and if you know what ohm the subs are dual 2, dual 4, etc? And they all have to the be the same ohm, like all dual 4 or single 4 ohm subs or you can't do what you are thinking. Also amps have to be same model.

i was sure things had to be that way, but never done it myself, so didnt want to say for sure, thanks for clearing that up

Don't mix sub sizes

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Or amps.... will not work

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick: