Sundown Audio

Need more power

It´s pricey hommie, here you have the link:

My link

Maybe you can find a couple of AQ´s 2200.1 second handed, SMD rules, you can always find good offers!!

My link

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Another option to consider. I have 2 Planet Audio Big Bang 2400.1 amps for sale. 1 new and 1 used. You can strap these together and run at 2 ohms.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or are interested.

8d496357.jpg

589d6e42.jpg

b8e21f2c.jpg

I don't know much about the Planet Audio stuff. Never been around it. If I'm not mistaken, the Big Bangs are their top-of-the-line amp? How do they stack up against other brands? Good stuff? Better than we have now?

Planet audio is better then the audiopipe.

And because they make their power at 2 ohms, they should be more efficient.

But just because your subs don't pop out of the wall doesn't mean they don't have enough power.

It just means that you haven't accounted for power, when designing your wall.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

The reason I think we don't have enough power is that, at full volume, the subs aren't anywhere near their limits. We can sort of get them close, but they get stinky. I wish I had access to an O-scope, but I don't know anyone around here that has one, so I have to just do the best I can.

I'm confident that we would be louder with more CLEAN power, and without harming these subs.

It´s pricey hommie, here you have the link:

My link

Maybe you can find a couple of AQ´s 2200.1 second handed, SMD rules, you can always find good offers!!

My link

Both of those amps do look interesting, and not too terrible of a price either. I'm thinking maybe it would be better to go with a pair of the 2200s instead of one 3500. What do you think?

I like way more the 3500.1 option because , once you wire that thing at 0.5 ohms you would forget about impedance rise affecting so much, BUT, it´s always safer to use amplifier at 1 ohm each one, also, once you get bored about the subs or amps and want to do some more upgrade, it´s easier to sell 2 smaller amplifiers than a single big ass amp, and last but most important, if someday one amp brakes down, at least you have another one to play around nad not been left without bass lol, so yes, i honestly think 2 AQ2200´1 should MURDER in that car, you have no idea the big difference between your AP´s and those AQ´s :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Resale, when the time comes, is exactly why I'd rather go with two AQ2200s instead of the one AQ3500. It's much easier to get rid of a couple of smaller amps than one huge one. Not too many folks can afford, or want to spend the money on the big one for just beating around town.

I'll see what I can do about selling these APs now. Got a show this Saturday, so I need to either hang onto them a while, or get something else ordered QUICK.