Second Skin Audio

doors and windows open

Ok, so I know that having my hatch open on my car will damage my subs but willdriving with my windows down or parked with my doors open also have the same effect? I just wanna make sure of these things so I do ot blow them again after the cartridge comes in and I install it.

Ok, so I know that having my hatch open on my car will damage my subs but willdriving with my windows down or parked with my doors open also have the same effect? I just wanna make sure of these things so I do ot blow them again after the cartridge comes in and I install it.

lol what.....playing with your hatch open will not damage that subs from my understanding, people also compete with doors/windows open, so it does no damage at all, who ever told you that, slap them in the face

chris beat me to it, but he sucks, so i win

my jeeps also loudest with the front windows down :shrug:

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

playing with your hatch open will not damage that subs from my understanding,

It can, but many times won't.

Here's a quote from Ed Lester- "Yes, opening the hatch can damage woofers.

Depends on your enclosure and car, but the enclosure and car work together, and when you change the airspace on one of those, you totally change how it is tuned and plays.

Most of the time, opening a hatch or trunk releases any possibly back pressure on the woofer cone that would normally help control woofer excursion.

Box tuning gets raised, and if you play a low note at any decently high power setting, it can damage the woofers.

Why do you think it sounds different when you open the hatch?"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/107538-why-did-it-blow/page__p__1497512__fromsearch__1#entry1497512

why would having your hatch open damage the subs? :trippy:

Unloading.

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

People on this site and the owner of the carshop that installed these told me that. They all said it has to do with air space and that playing subs at a high level with the hatch open will let to much air be sucked into the port and the hatch bounces soundwaves back and keeps the sub from "overexcursion". I have 2 12" Memphis mojo d4 (the new ones)

1 dd m3a amp

Hdorre that quote was from my other post that I was talking about peoplesaying it does effect the subs. But will the windows being open while I'm driving and playing it loud have any effect on them? And playing loud with a door open effect them any?

With your setup/car, I doubt it'd harm anything (if I'm thinking about this correctly)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

i play with my widows down all the time.

though ive heard that if your system gets louder when you open the windows that you need more port.

but other than that i dont think leaving your windows down with the subs playing loud will cause them to unload.

plus as your driving the wind is causing preassure to come inside your car.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/