06' Mazda3 Hatchback - 4500RMS - New Springs (No More Sag)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice build, hopefully Singer take care of u and u get a HO alt to push these monsters ;)

yea, I am sending my mechman in for a total rebuild, he is gonna repowdercoat it, all new parts inside, he estimates 230-240+ amps out of it, and im doing an external transpo regulator on it, mechman should have known better then to even sell an alt for this mazda that runs off the pcm, cause it will never push the alt past 130 amps, the most I ever clamped out of it and that with the voltage hitting 11.5v's, mike singer has answered so many of questions for me, he is doing all this for $350 so thats not bad at all, and I found a transpo regulator for $40, im excited to get this done, i'm never giving mechman my business again, very disappointed with them, every attempt to contact them they never reply back

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Nice build, hopefully Singer take care of u and u get a HO alt to push these monsters ;)

yea, I am sending my mechman in for a total rebuild, he is gonna repowdercoat it, all new parts inside, he estimates 230-240+ amps out of it, and im doing an external transpo regulator on it, mechman should have known better then to even sell an alt for this mazda that runs off the pcm, cause it will never push the alt past 130 amps, the most I ever clamped out of it and that with the voltage hitting 11.5v's, mike singer has answered so many of questions for me, he is doing all this for $350 so thats not bad at all, and I found a transpo regulator for $40, im excited to get this done, i'm never giving mechman my business again, very disappointed with them, every attempt to contact them they never reply back

Hey man, I have an alternator for my Mazda 3 06 that was made by singer about a year ago. I have a feeling it's not getting the full 200+ amps its rated at. I think the most I clamped near the amp on full tilt was around 100 amps. That is probably due to the pcm like you said. Could you tell me more about this "transpo regulator" and what I should do to get the full power out of this alternator? Thanks!

Super jealous of your car, you have no idea how much I wish I had one like it!!

Haha this is funny cause I have one now lol

Do you have a build log yet?

Hey man, I have an alternator for my Mazda 3 06 that was made by singer about a year ago. I have a feeling it's not getting the full 200+ amps its rated at. I think the most I clamped near the amp on full tilt was around 100 amps. That is probably due to the pcm like you said. Could you tell me more about this "transpo regulator" and what I should do to get the full power out of this alternator? Thanks!

You would have to send it into him and he would change how it is regulated, you will have 2 wires that will output after he does the mod, then you get a transpo 911-02r blue box and hook it to that and you will control it externally separate from the mazda computer, mechman and dc both quit making alts for our cars because of this issue, but the singer alt should be able to be modified so it can work around that, then the car doesnt even have anything to do with it, you can then set the voltage anywhere between 12-20v's for charging and it will just stay there, I got my transpo now just waiting for the alt :D

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

• 3 weeks later...

So I wanted to get my external regulator put in a nice spot away from heat, so a I built a nice battery surround, will keep the battery cooler also :D

IMAG4570.jpg

IMAG4571.jpg

IMAG4573.jpg

IMAG4580.jpg

Sanded the edges down

IMAG4582.jpg

IMAG4587.jpg

IMAG4591.jpg

Wrapped it in some nice vinylIMAG4597.jpg

IMAG4602.jpg

All Done Here, including the Turn on Relay Mounted and sleeved

IMAG4613.jpg

IMAG4614.jpg

IMAG4615.jpg

IMAG4616.jpg

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

My Mazda never came with a battery cover when I bought it.

Oh and just email singer again, I've sent back and forth over 70 emails to him talking about my build, he responds everyday

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

My Mazda never came with a battery cover when I bought it.

Oh and just email singer again, I've sent back and forth over 70 emails to him talking about my build, he responds everyday

Ill probably have to get back to singer after I get my car fixed. Some asshole backed into it today...

Still excited to see any updates you have on the alternator. Anxious to know if this new method is actually going to put out 200+ amps!

4eet.jpg

Archived