Sonic Electronix

So I just got some AQ HDC3 D2ohm 15's (copper) that were used on a AQ van. Got them for $170 a piece with 25 hours playing time and were evidently broken in with their strict 35hz at 12 hours break in time. My dilema has set in now that I have a 5 cubic foot sealed box for 2 15's and using 1 will be much better than using 2. I am up here at school until I can go home and build another box so I am trying to find a solution to a louder build with these subs. I have a 91 Accord with 2 JL 500/1 amps with 0 guage and 8 guage direct connect leads on the subs. What I am looking for is help with this box, or MAYBE another one, to make it louder. It has 2 cut outs for 15's and is sealed and carpeted. I dont know if I should try to seal the other hole and re-glue it back up or use polyfil, sound detener, etc. So if anyone has some short term suggestions with this box or something else (I have $100 to spend) that I can do with a small amount of tools (I dont have a saw, wood, glue, etc.) to help these subs perform their best. I also dont have a big 3 because my father doesnt want me "tinkering" with the motor.

PS- I know I dont have enough amp power for these subs too <_<

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

being at school is no excuse for not building a new box :ban2: i live over 1200 miles from home and ive done my entire build in the school parking lot

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Well it's finals time too. Id rent some tools if I found the right place

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

cover one sub hole and add an aeroport...

Simple and efficient.

But ask here, or calculate port length right !

Use your 2 JL for one 15". Sell the other(s?). Or sell them and get another amp (Audioque, DC, Crescendo, Sundown, RF,...). You could make some good money on these JLs, and get a 2000-2500 watts amp.

:drinks:

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

But ask here, or calculate port length right !

Use your 2 JL for one 15". Sell the other(s?). Or sell them and get another amp (Audioque, DC, Crescendo, Sundown, RF,...). You could make some good money on these JLs, and get a 2000-2500 watts amp.

:drinks:

Ok, so I shouldnt have a problem doing that, except deciding if I cover it from the outside or inside; ill probably cover it from the outside. Do any of you know where to get an aeroport and how large it should be?

I found this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/AEROPORT-SUB-WOOFER-MASSIVE-TUBE-SYSTEM-/290562657112?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item43a6e24b58

But dont know how long it will be and where to put it. On the top (where it will face roof of trunk), or side (facing side panels) or back (facing rear of trunk) where it will be inside the box inbetween the subs.

I was also thinking about if I should switch my box around, making it face the back of my trunk so that the air pocket will be behind the seat, therefore making it louder. Any suggestions?

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

You could save money and use pvc pipe and you can flare them yourself

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Is it a trunk car? If so face the sub backwards unless you completly seal it off

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Is it a trunk car? If so face the sub backwards unless you completly seal it off

Yea its a trunk; Honda Accord. If I get or make a port, how long do I make it? So once it goes through, how far from the opposite side should it stop, or should it go through it so it has 2 ports, 1 on each side?

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)