i want to compete

i have a 97 ram with an ap1800 on a single re se 12 in a shitty ported box and this sub slams atleast to me. its running at 2 ohms and voltage is right at 14-15 at full tilt

i want to build a box to compete is just something that can get stupid loud ive never even been to competitions so idk how they grade them or if they use a hz test or what so i wana build a box that will get stupid loud at a cirtin hz of thats how they test or i wana build a box that gets stupid loud on music if thats how they test.

im not looking for someone to design me a box im just looking for advice

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

umm... how basic of info are you looking for? if you know the basics then the only answer is, build build build. test test test. and repeat.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ik some basics just wondering what the main things you do to build to get loud and can anyone answer how they test in comps

also ive looked and looked and cant find a way to find out where the comps are around here and how id get entered in one ima post an add on craigslist

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Find one close to you that you would like to compete in and see what the rules are and start from there, as skittles said its all about testing, tweaking and learning what extra you can extract out of it with very little to nothing else invested.

Good thread here to help in getting that little bit of extra from it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/98191-spl-gains-few-tips/

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i think that certain classes only let you play music. am i right? so you may not be able to just play a single tone. but first you gotta find the peak of ur car

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Good thread here to help in getting that little bit of extra from it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/98191-spl-gains-few-tips/

:drinks::yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

ik some basics just wondering what the main things you do to build to get loud and can anyone answer how they test in comps

also ive looked and looked and cant find a way to find out where the comps are around here and how id get entered in one ima post an add on craigslist

meca, dbdrag, midwest spl, iasca, usac. all car audio organizations. go look them up yourself and read the rules. they will all have an event calender, though not all of them give much advance warning so you just have to keep checking.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i live in northern ny 13658 ive heard of them having comps around here in ogensburg but idk where or when. ima go look up what was said above

as far as buying a termlab i dont have the money for that atm so i guess ill just have to ear it

just went and looked up all these and seems like there is nothing going on in ny

Edited by hifonics10