Alright way to sound deaden doors?

would i be able to use wood on the inside of the door to make a frame as sound deadening?it would make the door more rigid, and in turn also deaden it?

this may be a stupid question but id rather not invest a ton into dynamat or hush mat or anything. wood costs about 5$ for an 8' piece, i could make a door frame for that much.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Peel n seal

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Peel n seal

Dont use this^

Although some people use it i wouldnt recommend using peel and seal for your doors. Get some actual deadner not the cheap route

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

it wouldnt do anything for souund?

i cant find peal in seal in canada. i found equivalent stuff at rona, but i dont want it pealing off during the hot summer, or smelling up the car. i put it in the trunk because i will be sealing it off mostly

you can get this stuff at totem thats the equivalent to peal n seal and i've yet to smell it while baking in the sun...

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i got some stuff to its called umm resisto i believe. but i think i bought the wrong stuff initially which is the stuff that smells a bit, i did however pick up aluminum backed mat from resisto brand which is thicker and hopefully works better. but i still dont want to use that stuff in my doors.

i got some stuff to its called umm resisto i believe. but i think i bought the wrong stuff initially which is the stuff that smells a bit, i did however pick up aluminum backed mat from resisto brand which is thicker and hopefully works better. but i still dont want to use that stuff in my doors.

still not truly damplifying, only adding mass which does not have the equal performance.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

adding mass will lower thhe resonant frequency of the panel.. thats what all the membrane mats do, add mass. so in effect its quite similiar no?