I see mesa is cert from installer institute.

So are you mecp basic cert?

But.. I will put the word out in char.. I have a few shop owners I know over there.

Just be forewarned, knowing very little when your trying to get hired.. The pay is going to be pretty low.

Installer Institute is where I graduated from. And no I am not MECP certified, not yet at least. If a job requires it and wont recognize MESA then I will get the certification.

I'm not looking to make a whole lot starting out since I don't have a lot of experience. I have never worked in a shop but I have worked on several cars and installed a few systems. Thanks for offering to put a good word out for me

Learn to do alarms. Remote starts mobile video. Car audio is not a large percent of the work.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Imo.. Mesa means nill.

You payed for a week class.. Thats it.

There is a reason mecp is nationally recognized.

I would hire a hobbiest thats been doin it for years before I hired someone just fresh out of school.

If your serious about it as a profession, get reading, and reading and yes...more reading.

Starting at a best buy would be really good for you to get experience. It will let you work on a wide range of vehicles. And bby pays for your mecp.

Then after a year or 2 there....then you will be ready for a more custom shop.

Just my .02

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Imo.. Mesa means nill.

You payed for a week class.. Thats it.

There is a reason mecp is nationally recognized.

I would hire a hobbiest thats been doin it for years before I hired someone just fresh out of school.

If your serious about it as a profession, get reading, and reading and yes...more reading.

Starting at a best buy would be really good for you to get experience. It will let you work on a wide range of vehicles. And bby pays for your mecp.

Then after a year or 2 there....then you will be ready for a more custom shop.

Just my .02

Yea, I have talked to Best Buy and they told me about them paying for the exam. However the one close to me is not hiring any installers. And they told me that as a company their whole car audio section is going downhill. I think a Best Buy that is about an hour away from me is hiring for an installer though so maybe it would be worth it for me to go there and try to get some experience

What color is the factory alarm plug in a 1998 honda civc and where is it located?

Green plug in the kick?

Or was that the year they started putting them in the radio?

I forget, its been 6 years since Ive done an alarm.

Anyway, a lot of this knowledge can come from working as an installer for just a few months. If you are smart enough to learn that is.

No need to know it all before you get hired, but it can help to get hired.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Ed is hired.

In the radion btw.

Thanks ed.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

What color is the factory alarm plug in a 1998 honda civc and where is it located?

Green plug in the kick?

Or was that the year they started putting them in the radio?

I forget, its been 6 years since Ive done an alarm.

Anyway, a lot of this knowledge can come from working as an installer for just a few months. If you are smart enough to learn that is.

No need to know it all before you get hired, but it can help to get hired.

I looked on bulldogsecurity.com and audiovox.com and they both suggested that the factory alarm wire is tied into the door locks.

Well, thanks to the schooling I have received I feel that I am very knowledgeable about this industry and I know that I need more hands on experience to have a really good grasp on everything. I think you are right Ed, I would just like the opportunity from a shop that is willing to let me come in knowing that I do need some experience and time to learn more.

In the details man..

I asked what color the plug is.

Archived