Second Skin Audio

Sealing off from trunk.

have you ever opened the trunk to see if it makes a difference. I am going through this in my grand prix. I have my sub and port firing into the cabin and when I lift my trunk lid it gets crazy loud. I think I too am going to have to seal my box off. Sounds like a lot of work tho

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

have you ever opened the trunk to see if it makes a difference. I am going through this in my grand prix. I have my sub and port firing into the cabin and when I lift my trunk lid it gets crazy loud. I think I too am going to have to seal my box off. Sounds like a lot of work tho

Hey, I found my problem. I didn't do as great a job at sealing as I thought I did. LOL. I had a small 3 inch gap where the rear deck and box meet. I closed that up and WOW! For what it is, these things pound hard. I just wish I had a cam so I could show off. I def got my lows back and I am going to be firing forward in this car without a doubt.

No trunk rattle at all, sounds a h##l of a lot better and I have a little door flex too.

It is amazing the difference this made, who would have thought it....WOW! :yahoo:

what about putting the tape all over the car without the box in it. Then put box back in and then use the spray foam. if u need to take it out the actual foam wont be stuck to your car, it will be on the tape. But it should still expand and seal all the air leaks

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

what about putting the tape all over the car without the box in it. Then put box back in and then use the spray foam. if u need to take it out the actual foam wont be stuck to your car, it will be on the tape. But it should still expand and seal all the air leaks

Of course that will be the next step for me, great minds think alike. Using just the tape was to see if it will perform well in the car, now that I know it will, it will become a part of the car.

You have any install pics in your accord?I have a 91 four door and we were able to squeeze a 6 cube box in the trunk(thru the inside of car)

2011-03-21154315.jpg

Still have to seal it off and install the beauty panel..

Edited by MRLOWOFFSET

You have any install pics in your accord?I have a 91 four door and we were able to squeeze a 6 cube box in the trunk(thru the inside of car)

2011-03-21154315.jpg

Still have to seal it off and install the beauty panel..

That is really big. I see you had to take the backseat completely out. Was it tough to get it out, because my next box will be about 4.5 and I just don't see it going through the trunk.

Nah it just slides out pretty easy with the subs out the box,and the back seat is back in and goes up like normal.I'll show more pics with the seats in..

How much port are you giving those and what subs are those. I can't really tell in the pic?