MP3 Clipping - Bad or not?

clipping and distortion are basically analogous

distortion is clipped waveforms/flat spots within the data range

I've seen clips in audacity. If they're insane, I believe I "normalize" them. I forget the term because I haven't used Audacity in months and I'm away from the computer.

normalize just lowers the amplitude of the entire waveform, there will still be flat spots... just quieter

lmao you guys don't even know clipping does not harm your equipment? shouldn't some one who has been on a car audio forum as long as you do know that by now? the heat caused by it is all that might damage something. I would guarantee both of you clip at one point

wrong... the added POWER will not only increase the heat, it will also cause more excursion which can lead to overexcursion

upwards of 40% more power can be delivered by clipping, some competitors will use soft clip to get a tiny bit more power out of their amps

Better yet....download Audacity for free.

http://audacity.sour...windows#recdown

And learn to remove the clipping.

doesnt work all the time, degrades quality at the crossover points and overall makes the song quieter.

it is useful tho at times

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

doesnt work all the time, degrades quality at the crossover points and overall makes the song quieter.

it is useful tho at times

Do you mean the last step where he adjusts the eq in the video?

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Clipping will create your amp to work extremely more causing this or possibly worse.

Ive learned it is best to just stay away from most chopped and screwed music due to non professionals "trying" to get more bass out of songs. (This is my opinion)

What clipping did to my Sundown SAX-1200D

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

Archived