Sonic Electronix

ok so currently im running an alpine mrp-m500 at 2 ohms to get 500 watts rms. my voltage even at full tilt stays at 14+ at the amp. my electrical is a kinetic hc1800 and the grounds of the big 3. 1/0 power wire running to the trunk. I want to upgrade to an audioque 1200d wired to 2 ohms and according to aq's website that would be 870 watts rms. I will finish the big three soon. but my main concern is that upgrading this way will just cause voltage drop so that i would probably end up having around 500 watts again. do you think its worth it to upgrade just to get a little more out of my system? can my electrical handle it?

i got a aq1200d in my beater cadillac off stock elcetrical running 1 ohm and at full tilt my volt at the lowest hit 12.8 but usually stays high 13s low 14.s their great amps!

im thinkin about really puttin my to the test and tryin to run it at .5 ohms and how she'll handle it..

if anyones done that feel free to chime in,lol

Going from a MRP500 to a Aq1200 at 2ohm may make an audible difference, depending on what either setup would be clamped at.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

i loved my aq 1200d when i had it in my truck. at 1ohm on a 66amp alt it only pulled my voltage down to 12.5 on a strong low note and thats with a shitty battery too.

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

It should be fine dude i dont see you dippin low if your stable now at 14+

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

thanks for the replies. im pretty happy with the current sound of everything as it is so any gain is just a bonus really. and for 250 bucks it seems worth it to me. plus ill finally have a bass knob lol.

Deffinatly worth it. And in the future you could wire it at a lower impedance and get more power if you wanted

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

I'll just reiterate what others have said. I'm running my AQ1200 @ 1 ohm on completely stock electrical in my Camry (8O amp alt, small interstate battery) and all I've done is the big 3 and my voltage rarely dips below the low-13's. Even before I did the big 3 I never had a problem. They are extremely efficient amps. As for an audible difference between your Alpine and the AQ, you might hear a slight audible difference but nothing major. ~250 watts isn't a big difference. But the AQ would still be a good investment should you ever upgrade. Then you can wire it to 1 Ohm where it will really shine.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube