Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sealing off trunk


TIG

Recommended Posts

Posted

get two people on ein the truck with a flashlight. one outside and start shining the light through the deck. youll find gaps still

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Are the holes that my 6/9s in gonna cause me issues?

if speakers are in them then its fine. if not, cover them

yeah there are speakers in them. I cant believe the size of some of the holes in this deck.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Posted

get two people on ein the truck with a flashlight. one outside and start shining the light through the deck. youll find gaps still

Im gonna deaden everything besides the carpet haha. Im gonna get them leaks. In the comps Im wanting to go for best install as well so what ever I have to do to keep it looking nice lol

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Posted

Here's what I've done and am doing now

First time

8e571eb8.jpg

fce45807.jpg

09cd6e2c.jpg

Second time

a1f10d9a.jpg

788ef479.jpg

d02dac47.jpg

e2ec82ae.jpg

060e79c3.jpg

And now I'm working on doing it with fiberglass and foam

f4b79fa0.jpg

dc2bd9f1.jpg

795f1ba1.jpg

e5f69a6f.jpg

The box face is the most important part. The rear deck doesn't play as big of a roll but still should be sealed as good as possible.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

Fiberglass shown above is the mint way to go. I have a 06 GP GXP and when I was running a trunk wall I used Audio Technix to cover both sides of the rear deck, it was a lot of work but well worth it! I now run subs up, port back in my GP, it is the loudest for me without doing any modifications to the car that would alter my ability to return it to stock condition.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

Posted

n/m im a dumb ass haha

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Posted

On the last pic what did you use to make the front so smooth?

fiberglass + a ton of sanding I assume. Then for a paint finish you can use bondo body filler and sand it with smaller and smaller grit until all imperfections are gone. Then primer, paint, clearcoat for mint condition look.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

Posted

Fiberglass shown above is the mint way to go. I have a 06 GP GXP and when I was running a trunk wall I used Audio Technix to cover both sides of the rear deck, it was a lot of work but well worth it! I now run subs up, port back in my GP, it is the loudest for me without doing any modifications to the car that would alter my ability to return it to stock condition.

I have debated on trying a different box configuration so I didnt have to wall off my trunk but I think I can wall it off pretty damn good without making it permanent. How tall is your box? It cant be real tall so the sound can get back into the car. thats the problem I ran into was building my box so big so I could take up as much space as possible firing into the cabin. It was suggested to me that I could turn the box around but I dont think there is enough air space to get the sound back in the car.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Posted

i really prefer firing in for a daily driver. Why? beacuse i can still stick stuff in the back of the box without worrying about something getting stuck through a cone.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Im trying to make the loudest daily driver I can so I can still compete and put up some big numbers.

and I agree. I store shit in my trunk and dont really want my 400.00 sub ruined by a gallon of milk lmao

Another question is if I was to seal the rear deck and change up my box later and run sub up will sealing the deck hurt the performance? I know deadner is hard to get off once put on with a heat gun

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5877 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...