Sonic Electronix

Ok so I saw this info in a topic a few days ago about a 4ohm componet set but ain't get no help / answers when I asked if it worked with 2ohm componet sets... I just got a hook up on gear & I want to know before I order the componets for my build. Ok I want to put componets on my doors & need to know if this is rite way or get the rite to put one 2ohm componet set on one door:

Connect the speakers to the crossover as normal......

Connect + input from left x-over to - input on right x-over..

Connect - input on x-over to - on amp..

Connect + input on x-over to + on amp.

So would that ^^^^ work with a 2 ohm componet sets? Put the set(2 6's/tweets/crossover) on one door & the amp still see a 2 ohm load? Also stupid for asking could it work with 2 sets(4 6's/tweets/crossover) on one door & the amp still see a 2 ohm load?

My other question is... if you have four 4ohm speakers wired in parallel (1ohm) & four more 4ohm speakers wired in parallel (1ohm) if you tie the together at the amp, dose the amp see a 2ohm load?

Edited by Dj_Scarface

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

Is there anyway to wire a set or two of 2ohm componets & the amp still see a 2ohm load?

I suck at ohm's math, any info on my other question?

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

Bump

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

My Build

NEED HELP FAST TO GET THIS DEAL ON THE ON THE COMPONET SETS!!

Is there anyway to wire one set or two of 2ohm componets & the amp still see a 2ohm load?

if you have four 4ohm speakers wired in parallel (1ohm) & four more 4ohm speakers wired in parallel (1ohm) if you tie them together at the amp, dose the amp see a 2ohm load?

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

My Build

you cant wire both sets to 1 channel on the amp to see the desired 2ohm load you can do them independently though

"ohm math" is simple series doubles load and parallel halves load

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

you cant wire both sets to 1 channel on the amp to see the desired 2ohm load you can do them independently though

ok thanks Zayers... That hook up deal is useless :-(

the 2ohm componets can't be done... There is no way to wire a set (2 6's/tweets/crossovers) on one door & the amp still see a 2 ohm load?

Then the other idea is useless too because with ohm math if I have four 4ohm speakers wired in parallel (1ohm) & four more 4ohm speakers wired in parallel (1ohm) if I tie them together at the amp, it dose see a 2 ohm load it. The amp see .0 something.

Oh well not adding more amps no place to put more gear & still get to use my truck... Future door build is dead.... :-(((((

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

My Build

All the numbers your talking about are a bit confusing and can't quite figure what your trying to do with the exception of getting to a 2ohm load.

What speakers are you going to use and how many?

As was pointed out in another post, series will double the ohm load and parallel will halve the ohm load.

If you have 2 sets of comps @4ohms per set you can parallel it down to 2ohm but if they are 2ohm then you'll have to series them to a 4ohm load for your amp to work and not try and nuke itself from too low an ohm load.

I currently have a problem with my amp now where it doesn't like to play at 2ohm even though it is stated as being 2 ohm stable and tries to go nuclear on me cutting off from the thermal protection circuit.

Here is a calculator from the 12volt site to help you with, just use the parallel and series to get to the desired ohm load.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

ok thanks Zayers... That hook up deal is useless :-(

the 2ohm componets can't be done... There is no way to wire a set (2 6's/tweets/crossovers) on one door & the amp still see a 2 ohm load?

Then the other idea is useless too because with ohm math if I have four 4ohm speakers wired in parallel (1ohm) & four more 4ohm speakers wired in parallel (1ohm) if I tie them together at the amp, it dose see a 2 ohm load it. The amp see .0 something.

Oh well not adding more amps no place to put more gear & still get to use my truck... Future door build is dead.... :-(((((

cant be done

if you wired the 4ohm speakers to a 1ohm load each then series each 1ohm load you would get 2ohm but i dont know why you would want to power 8 speakers with 2 channel

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

if the componet set is 2 ohm to begin with

if you wire it normally to a single channel it would see 2 ohm

just like if you wire a 4 ohm componet set normally to a single channel it will see 4 ohm

someone correct me if im wrong.. you can do it with a single componet set but you cant wire two 2 ohm componet sets together for a final 2 ohm load

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer