Second Skin Audio

Blow Through Box

DStortz

Hey everyone,

I am just getting started on my new build in my truck. I am doing a blow through on a 78 Chevy Long Box.

I will be doing 8 x 15" subs in the blow through. I am looking for suggestions on how to make the box for it. It's going to be tuned in the low 30 hz range. This is just mainly going to be for doing demo's and moving lot's of air.

1st off this is going to be a budget build, and I am a 100% supporter of my local business and I am limited on the equipment that I can run so please dont bash on the stuff that I am putting into the truck. It might not be everyone's choice on what to run, but it is the product that they want me to represent for them and im getting a smoking deal on all of the stuff.

I will be putting in 8 JL Audio 15w0's 4ohm subs running off of 2 Kicker 2500's.

So any suggestions that anyone can make on the box that would be wonderful. We have thought about doing a wedge box, or having the sub's face each other, but dont know where to put the port's at. So any advice from people that have done a blow through would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

the only way you are going to pull this off is a bandpass style or sealed.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Okay why are you a 100% supporter locally? not trying to bash. Lol how much each did you pay for the 15s? just wondering.

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Well I always have supported locally owned business, but I do it more now cause I am the sales manager for a locally owned office supply store that sells supplies, paper, furniture, and copiers / printers, al of which can be bought online for cheaper prices. But our locally owned business still do business with us, so I need to repay the favor.

As for the subs I paid $150.00 for each sub, not sure why you need to know this information to help with my question, bit there ya go.

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

lol you said you got a killer deal and i know JL is ridiculously overpriced :peepwall:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

What style of bandpass would you suggest?

Thank you for your reply

Thank you for your reply

4th order tuned between 45 to 50hz

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

lol you said you got a killer deal and i know JL is ridiculously overpriced :peepwall:

Well that is not all that I have purchased, and they are giving me the fiberglass toneau cover that is going on my truck, all of the wiring and all of the batteries.

Still not sure why this is important to the subject, it's not your money, town, or build so unless you have some advice on the box please keep your comments to yourself.

Well that is not all that I have purchased, and they are giving me the fiberglass toneau cover that is going on my truck, all of the wiring and all of the batteries.

Still not sure why this is important to the subject, it's not your money, town, or build so unless you have some advice on the box please keep your comments to yourself.

Wow you mad? LOL :clapping:

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Thank you for your reply

4th order tuned between 45 to 50hz

Thank you, I am hoping that I can tune a bit lower then that. Is there a reason that you are suggesting 45-50 hertz?

Thanks for the reply

Archived