Do amps make a difference in sq?

tonedeaf

My link , to Brax and Helix

Yeah I was already on their site looking at the p400. Its nice and the power is much better than the B4. They are beautiful amps and seem to have good xovers and build quality, but the one on ebay just isnt enough power and im scared to look at their new amp pricing. :peepwall: I may be going with the Zuki Eleets 4, but am going to do a bit more searching around on several sites and ebay to see if I cant find a nice one. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. As said though, right now im kinda limited to about a $400 limit (slightly negotiable) for said amp. Want it to be 100-200 watts a channel. Thanks.

Edit: And watch, the german version of the site doesnt do me much good, but thanks alot. :drink40: :drink40:

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

My link , to Brax and Helix

Yeah I was already on their site looking at the p400. Its nice and the power is much better than the B4. They are beautiful amps and seem to have good xovers and build quality, but the one on ebay just isnt enough power and im scared to look at their new amp pricing. :peepwall: I may be going with the Zuki Eleets 4, but am going to do a bit more searching around on several sites and ebay to see if I cant find a nice one. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. As said though, right now im kinda limited to about a $400 limit (slightly negotiable) for said amp. Want it to be 100-200 watts a channel. Thanks.

Edit: And watch, the german version of the site doesnt do me much good, but thanks alot. :drink40: :drink40:

Top right corner there is a little english flag, if you click on it.... wonder wonder.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

and tube amps color the sound. most people like the sound but I'd still go with an amp that plays true

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Theres this one too:

PPI Art series 404

Korey, what do you think of all these as well. Probably shouldnt care about look, but thats what really drew me to the DA d7 4 channel. Would like a sexy amp along with massive power output and tremendous SQ. The trifecta if you will. Considering running a couple of the DA D7 two channels if I could find a second one. Or is the Zuki gonna be one of the better deals I can find? Still new to alot of these prands, but im scowering the all the forums and fleebay for PPIs, Diamond Audio, soundstream (I think these are sexy too :good: ), Zapcos, Audison, Treo, etc. and cant really decide on any of them. Grrr Your guys input helps alot though. Not sure what id do without this forum. :peepwall:

Edit: I was just reading about the butler tubes and how the sound was affected. I do like the Zuki and it has the perfect amount of power output im looking for without breaking the bank. I guess I was just to set on the D7 to care. :bull::lol:

arts sound great but the xovers (or lack of) sucks. the helix have a similar look as the d7's but no gold plated board. and on the new soundstreams I'm sort of scared to use, the specs are great but the price makes me think twice about how they got those results

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

arts sound great but the xovers (or lack of) sucks. the helix have a similar look as the d7's but no gold plated board. and on the new soundstreams I'm sort of scared to use, the specs are great but the price makes me think twice about how they got those results

Thats what I was thinking on the soundstreams. Sexy amps and great specs, but for like half the cost of any of the others new, that bothers me. So your best suggestion still stands with the Zuki? All the ones ive found I think thats proly the one im going with. I get it new at still a great price for such a power hungry little amp.

Where do you guys buy your speaker cable? I dont need a 250 foot roll and I have an amp and some speakers to wire. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Also, any help with positioning my speakers? I plan on aiming the mids towards the headrest of the opposite side of the car on each side. Manufacturer (hertz) suggests pillar mounting the tweeters and aiming them the same way. Would putting the tweeters in the pods with the mids not be better than? I always heard tweets within 12 inches of the mids, or are you supposed to follow the manufacturer suggestions instead? Would this also be the best way for imaging/staging and then let the EQ do the rest of the work? (more noob SQ questions, I know)

Amps only make a tiny difference in sound.

Unaudible to most people, it is more noticeable if you have good speakers.

To actually hear differences in amps you should choose a amp that is worth like 200-250 dollars vs a 1000-2000 dollar amp to maybe hear a difference.

If u set up the amps the same you get the same results adding in a 100 dollars won't give you acces to SQ amps.

What are SQ amps?

Basicly just amps with a low distortion and a high dampening and a few other specs.

There is a point where you cannot hear any distortion nor getting better sound from the increased dampening.

Unless you have components that are installed profesionnaly(i don't mean just a shop, i mean proffesionaly.) and cost atleast 500dollars you will not hear a difference between a 200 dollar amp or a 400 dollar amp.(atleast not SQ wise, power will be higher)

If you can hear the difference then it's just psychoacoustics,you think it will sound better so it will sound better to your ears.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived