or just buy a used programmer off ebey and get that extra 100hp for like 50 to 100 bucks...

Yeah a programmer only gives u like 25hp tops...100hp??? Ahahahahhaa!!!!

Thats about what I got with my Superchips Flashpaq. I only use the 87 octane setting. The performance setting gives you like 2 more HP and Torque.

100HP gain...I would love to see that out of a plug and play tuner.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Wont add much but I did the swiss cheese mod on my air box and it made a little diff. Basically take your airbox apart and cut a bunch of like 1" to 1.5" holes on the air in side. Put a drop in K&N filter and it does just as good a job as a CAI kit. The only cost is the new filter.

Making it breath better is step #1. Intake and exhaust. Wait on a tune until you have done these things or else you will need to be retuned. I want the BB Tune so bad just cant justify it right now.

honestly one thing to think about when trying to justify it is this. i gained 2 mpg on average after the tune. plus theres lifetime retuned. it will pay for itself if you go for a performace and fuel ecno tune on 87. im a firm beliver in justins tunes. i had 2 retunes already from him from doing mods.

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts

i was exaggerating a bit (alot) but with headers and a tune u can pic up like 30 horse plus the truck will sound mean when u step on it. does ur truck have an electronic trans if so you can buy a tuner to tighten up the shifts and make them more firm.

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

check into black bear tuning. it will be a night and day dif. i had it done and it was my best mod to date. you can also get some nice long tubes and offroad y pipe to go along with that exhaust for around 340 and a decent intake ud be set. i know my truck suprises a lot of people for having a wall and 22s with just intake full exhaust and tune.

edit: where in illinois are you from? im in effingham sorta middle of illinois

From East Dubuque, it is literally in the northwest corner of illinois.. i can drive 6 miles and be in 3 states..lol..

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

check into black bear tuning. it will be a night and day dif. i had it done and it was my best mod to date. you can also get some nice long tubes and offroad y pipe to go along with that exhaust for around 340 and a decent intake ud be set. i know my truck suprises a lot of people for having a wall and 22s with just intake full exhaust and tune.

edit: where in illinois are you from? im in effingham sorta middle of illinois

From East Dubuque, it is literally in the northwest corner of illinois.. i can drive 6 miles and be in 3 states..lol..

there goes that idea. i was going to invite you to our clubs meca show next sat. maybe a long ass drive for you tho.

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts

I'm not familiar with 5.3's but I know on most cars you can make your own intake for under $100 with a reusable cone filter and either some PVC piping and elbows, or some metal tube (like aluminium or stainless) and some silicone couplers. Then spend your money on headers and a cat-back, and get the truck tuned if all possible.

Worst comes to worst, STS :peepwall:

Show me one you have maid and works perfect.I don't think so.

Intake? I've seen dozens. Not that hard bro. Only reason I haven't built mine yet is that there's kinda a batt in the way.

http://www.gpona.com/forums/do-it-yourself-f12/fwi-write-up-no-cutting-required-t17087.html

They even have a writeup on that forum for Grand Prix's. Granted a truck isn't a GP but the fundamentals are the same.

Too many projects, too little time...