Please Help With Alternator

damn that sucks

hope you get everything resolved. DC Power makes good equipment though, but every manufacture has some sort of failure rate.

Do you have an inline fuse from alt to battery?

Did you check your connection? (have to ask)

Yeah. All that stuff has been checked. Fused about 24"s from alt which is about 8"s from the battery. Grounds are good. No corrosion. Wires are all tight. Once I get the battery charged I'll try one last time and see then call DC. 95% sure it has to be the alternator. Didn't do anything yesterday to drain the battery.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Doing that now. It must have quit working on my drive home and I didn't hear it. Battery always sits at 12.6-8 usually. On the charger now but it's low so it will be a while.

Have you checked all your wiring for the alt? Does yours plug directly into stock wiring or requires that it be grounded and wired to a switched 12v?

sighl.jpg

Did you try revving the engine up to see a change? Mine has been doing similar andi need to rev to get it to jump back up voltage wise

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Well fuck scratch that. Fuse is blown. Too reflective to notice last night I guess. Also have stock wire with "stock mega fuse 175amp" but there is no way to tell if it is blown. Once battery is charge I'll try again with a new fuse. If it works then good for the alt atleast but now I won't know why the hell it blew.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Could have been a freak accident

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

LOL

Team DC Audio

Here's some pictures I never posted in my build. These are the pics DC sent me and told me to do. My alt looks just like that now and also I had to grind on part of my engine you can see in the picture for proper fitment. I don't think there is anything wrong with it how it turned out and didn't mind doing it but could this cause the issue? Again. Alternator has been in and running fine for 1-2 months. Yesterday was the hottest day this year so far at about 85-90 degrees.

752feb4b.jpg

3a11d894.jpg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150