Florida law banning loud car music ruled Unconstitutional

bringing back this dead thread, not even sure if i've posted on this board or not yet? oh well

i live in pinellas county, the other night i had dinner with my dad and his friend, who's a lieutenant, during dinner he asked how i was liking my new truck, i told him it's awesome, and i've invested a couple grand into the stereo, we got onto that subject, and he said yea, they had a meeting at the police station to tell every officer, they can NOT pull anyone over for loud music anymore.

so yea, the cops, at least here know, they can't pull ya over, now that's not to say they won't follow you and try and getcha for something else stupid...

...side story, i installed a new amp, and went to the shopping center down my street to set the gains with my oscope, pulled into the farthest corner, away from all the shoppers, there was a cop sitting there in his cruiser doing paperwork or something, i pulled up right next to him, got out and started to walk around my truck, he rolled down his window cuz he thought i was gunna talk to him or something, he looked at me, i just said, hey, just gatta tweet my stereo, just installed a new amp, he just nodded his head and said ok... a minute later i got it up, crankin, looked over and was shaking his mirror... he pulled out and drove away, i lol'd

im glad you revived this thread...state trooper whipped around a red light today after i went. ( i had the green light and was turning ) he had a red light and ran through it. I figured since I had it at maybe 3/4 tilt that he was coming for me, so i dropped my bass knob to 1/4 and continued rollin, turns out he was giong after a car infront of me for a seatbelt violation.

i didn't even know they did away with the noise ordinance per say law here. But now I can bump without being worried. Just gotta go find somewhere to print out a writtin thing incase the cop wants to get fancy with me!

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

...side story, i installed a new amp, and went to the shopping center down my street to set the gains with my oscope, pulled into the farthest corner, away from all the shoppers, there was a cop sitting there in his cruiser doing paperwork or something, i pulled up right next to him, got out and started to walk around my truck, he rolled down his window cuz he thought i was gunna talk to him or something, he looked at me, i just said, hey, just gatta tweet my stereo, just installed a new amp, he just nodded his head and said ok... a minute later i got it up, crankin, looked over and was shaking his mirror... he pulled out and drove away, i lol'd

i wish he wouldve harassed you just for being stupid. shit like that is exactly why we ended up with the law to begin with and why they will reword it and reinstate it

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i wish he wouldve harassed you just for being stupid. shit like that is exactly why we ended up with the law to begin with and why they will reword it and reinstate it

x2 that was quite a cocky thing to do..he should have pulled you over and just fucked with you...

But on a side note...is there any legal document I can print out to keep in my glove box? Just incase perhaps a local law enforcer didn't know !

A link to a printable doc would be nice!

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

short story for me lol i play my system with respect most of the time and i only play my system when i get home for about an hour lol after i get off work and home its about 3 pm so i know i got till 4 pm to tune my shit cause everyone is gone at work. so anyways i was tuning my system just after i got my DD1 and i was playing music and all of a sudden this old guy whom i have never seen in the 3 years i have lived here comes up and says i have called the cops and they are on there way i live 2 houses from you and you are disturbing me (in a screaming frantic voice)(take in mind Post falls Idaho there is no noise ordinance and i know all my neighbors turns out he was a visitor not usually there lol)i apologized to the guy and turned it down and was closing my car up when 2 police cars pulled up and asked what was going on. the old man started screaming at the cops. they calmed him down and got him to return home. the cops then walked up to me and said nice car what ya got for a system. so i opened it up and gave em a quick tour and they liked it a lot and asked for me to demo some of there fave music so i bumped it hard hehe and they asked if i do it for a living and if i would install a smaller system for them lol

just a funny story i thought i would share with yall.

but like most i turn my system down at stoplights and in neighborhoods after 10pm, and if someone asks me too turn it down i got no problem with it at all. and i know all my neighbors most of them don't care anyway as long as its not late at night.

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

Im from this area and The city of auburndale is still enforcing this law. Tommorow I will talk to the school resource officer about it and see whats up with the law and Will get HIS input on this law from a professional stand and a personal stand. I wish they came out with this law awhile back in december of last year so I didnt get a ticket when I was "booming" too loud in my jeep. he took the dog to my jeep and searched it for drugs, only thing he found is a can of copenhagen and a beer lid lmfao. Got mad about seeing the beer lid made me do the breathalyzer test and Passed. Wrote me a 125 dollar ticket for my music (First time WTF) and the passenger two tickets one for no seatbelt and another for tobacco.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

I live in Lakeland FL. I really only crank it up at a light if some Dbag on a harley is sittin next to me rumbling or a horrible ricer exhaust. Other than that its on main roads and never residential. I hate those ballbags who come down my road blaring music at 11pm. So it becomes a love hate relationship, overall im glad of the over ruling due to the fact my mom with a stock ford stereo recieved a noise ticket because it was "plainly audible from 25ft or more." You cant get a speeding ticket without proof from a radar so how can the decide what is excessive noise? Its def. a flawed system. I do believe the law has been "re-written" to again ticket what is excessive

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

some Dbag on a harley

how can you tell if their dbags? or do you do this to all of them? btw its not cool to ride a harley and have some tool "bump his shit" cause he doesnt want to hear the beautiful sound of a harley.

just saying man :)

x2 that was quite a cocky thing to do..he should have pulled you over and just fucked with you...

But on a side note...is there any legal document I can print out to keep in my glove box? Just incase perhaps a local law enforcer didn't know !

A link to a printable doc would be nice!

theres a thread on FLspl, if you find it theres a link in it to the official document about the law

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

some Dbag on a harley

how can you tell if their dbags? or do you do this to all of them? btw its not cool to ride a harley and have some tool "bump his shit" cause he doesnt want to hear the beautiful sound of a harley.

just saying man :)

Ha no, i can stand the sound of a nice harley, but the ones who feel they have to rip on the throttle every 3.2 seconds like it may stall i will bump on.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived