Rant about Paper Cuts... Sorry

I'm going to be getting a complaint against me because I would not send a ambulance to a guy that got a paper cut from a news paper. The male said it was squirting out blood..

But seriously a ambulance for a fucking paper cut? Sometimes I wonder where this world is heading too. And the sad part is if they would just go by POV they would get there faster then the ambulance going to his residence then back tracking to the hospital. And that's not including the crew checking the guy out before they leave to goto the hospital.

Edited by Vitacy

It's the opposite at the hospital in my town. Well, sort of. If you just go in, you arrive at the hospital sooner, but you'll just sit there waiting for a half an hour to get examined by the doc. Whereas if you call an ambulance it takes longer to get there, but you'll wind up being examined and treated sooner. Although an ambulance ride costs another $1700 too. No one ever seems to take that into consideration...

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

You're right, my company is a standard 300 for a basic EMT and 600 for a medic, charging an extra 7.50 a mile. So really I just saved them some money. But after they get in the hospital that's an extra 500, then doctor expense is about 150-200, and so on so forth for the hospital they would have went too.

I don't know why they just don't clean the cut out and hold the finger so the two cut ends touch then bam in five minutes like that you're finger is already healing!

You have the authority to not send an ambulance when requested by a bleeding patient... WTF? Are y'all short on ambulances or something? You didn't send fire or anything, just said no? lol :trippy:

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Here it depends on the injury. I got hit by a car while on my bike, ambulance came and brought me to the hospital. Where I sat and waited for 2 hours. Until a doctor finally came and seen me. I needed 5 - 7 stitches in my knee. But, the nice thing here is we only pay $40 for the ambulance and that is it.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Ok well, where I live when you call 911 and request an ambulance you get one. PERIOD. Are you a 911 dispatcher?

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

No, I'm a ambulance dispatcher for a private ambulance company. My company has the 911 contract and we get calls from them. So I do have the right to turn down a call like that.

And getting hit by a car is a different story then a paper cut lol.

No, I'm a ambulance dispatcher for a private ambulance company. My company has the 911 contract and we get calls from them. So I do have the right to turn down a call like that.

And getting hit by a car is a different story then a paper cut lol.

I was just comparing the wait times.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel