Sonic Electronix

DC Level 5 18 amplifier question

I know everyone usually says "If you have to ask..." but this is a different kind of question. I was planning on getting a DC Level 5 18 in a 6 cubic foot box with two 6" aero ports 29" long on a DC 3.5k amplifier. The DC Level 5 is only rated at 2,000 watts rms (yes, I know that handle more) but is running the 3.5k @ 1 ohm going to supply enough power or should I look into getting the DC Level XL. Thanks! :drinks:

***DC Rebuild Coming Soon***

dued I have the same set up and the dc takes it like a champ by the way the dc level 5 can handle a bit more than the XL on higher rms power otherwise the xl sound better than the level 5 on lower rms power ( that's what I heard)

People on here are running DC XLs on a DC3.5k, I'm sure the DC Lv5 can handle a bit more power.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Yeah If I were you I would get the dc 5k. That would give you the power you need for the level 5

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

I wouldnt be pushing a DC 5k if you havent done a large build before and are careful with the gain knob. The DC 3.5k is a nice matchup for the lvl 5. Id worry about a strong electrical before bumping up to a 5k anyways. Id rather have a strong 13-15volts on a DC 3.5k vs having pretty strong drop with a 5k.

dued I have the same set up and the dc takes it like a champ by the way the dc level 5 can handle a bit more than the XL on higher rms power otherwise the xl sound better than the level 5 on lower rms power ( that's what I heard)

Alright. XL on the 3.5k it is! Thanks! :drink40:

People on here are running DC XLs on a DC3.5k, I'm sure the DC Lv5 can handle a bit more power.

Sweet. I know the Lv5 can handle more, so I figured I might not have enough power. So I'm going with the XL :pardon:

Yeah If I were you I would get the dc 5k. That would give you the power you need for the level 5

Thanks for your input but I'm not sure I would have the funds for the 5k. So I'll go with the XL and the 3.5k. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed LOL 8)

I wouldnt be pushing a DC 5k if you havent done a large build before and are careful with the gain knob. The DC 3.5k is a nice matchup for the lvl 5. Id worry about a strong electrical before bumping up to a 5k anyways. Id rather have a strong 13-15volts on a DC 3.5k vs having pretty strong drop with a 5k.

Yeah, the upgrades I would need going from the 3.5k to the 5k would be too much for me. I'm getting a 260 amp DC Power alternator, a D3400 under the hood, and a D3100 in the rear.

Hell yeahs! I love my xls to im sure you will to!

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

With the electrical upgrades you have listed along with what you are looking for, I would go with an XL on a 3.5k. The key here and in any install is going to be CLEAN power.

Shoot me a PM with your zip code and I will get you a shipped price quote for the sub and amp.

With the electrical upgrades you have listed along with what you are looking for, I would go with an XL on a 3.5k. The key here and in any install is going to be CLEAN power.

Shoot me a PM with your zip code and I will get you a shipped price quote for the sub and amp.

My old man has an O-scope in the basement. I'm going to set my gains to the point where when my bass knob is all the way up, it is as loud as it can get - clean. I HATE clipping and distortion with a passion. So I'll be taking my time to make sure I do it right. :werd_msword:

Archived