DC Sound Lab

I was on Techforces website and seen there where subs made by dc audio. Im kinda interested in the 2,000 rms rated TFS 18". Whats it compare to a level 5 or level 4 xl?

Im blind haha it says its modeled from a lvl 4 xl Hybrid. What would give it the 2,000 rms rating or is that a typo?

Im guessing its just a xl with level 5 softparts

TFS Link

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I was on Techforces website and seen there where subs made by dc audio. Im kinda interested in the 2,000 rms rated TFS 18". Whats it compare to a level 5 or level 4 xl?

Im blind haha it says its modeled from a lvl 4 xl Hybrid. What would give it the 2,000 rms rating or is that a typo?

Im guessing its just a xl with level 5 softparts

TFS Link

xl's already have the same softparts as a lvl 5.. there ONLY difference is lvl 5 has a bigger motor..

its like what gives your BTL 2krms? voice coil, motor force, type of cooling that the XL has that will be able to handle 2k or more(if you know what you doing)

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I just concerned that it wouldnt handle 2k or a lil more daily. i dont have a oscope (was waiting on meades oscope thing)

If i got dual 1.4 coils instead of dual 2 coils would i hook it up the same as if it were a dual 2 woofer? I was looking to get a final load really close to 1ohm after rise

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

if the site doesnt say its out of stock, then i would assume that they have them IN stock.

this

and even try looking at the classifieds. might get a good deal there too

Edited by carlosg_313

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

I just concerned that it wouldnt handle 2k or a lil more daily. i dont have a oscope (was waiting on meades oscope thing)

If i got dual 1.4 coils instead of dual 2 coils would i hook it up the same as if it were a dual 2 woofer? I was looking to get a final load really close to 1ohm after rise

im thinking of 1.4 if you have it parrallel/series with 2 subs. if one sub, parralel-.7, or series-2.8