is litium worth the $$$

And Im trying to get a feel for what your asking since you keep contradicting yourself.

What would be the need for a lighter weight higher amperage starter battery, that cant be charged by a normal charging system, nor a normal charger, or a agm charger.

Do you drive a 10 second dragster that is only driven on the track that your goal is to strip every component that is not needed from the serpentine belt, and strip every ounce of weight from the car that is not needed?

As you said in your first post using a lithium instead of having a group 31. Then you said in your edited post that these batteries would not be used for car audio, just to start your car.

So why would you need a group 31 battery just to start your car??? Makes no sense.

For that matter you can buy a Kinetik hc800 to start your car. You happy now I didn't say the all might XS POWER... Whoops I guess I just did... I say XS POWER so much maybe they will sponsor me...

Oh and I sure hope your not trying to give me a lesson on batteries and electrical systems, because your knowledge, thought process and theory's are sounding wackier then a patient in a looney bin!

this is for car audio. it can charge off an alternator. i was just saying it can be used to replace a starter battery, for some reason i thought people would understand by replacing it as a car starter battery it makes scene to charge off the alternator.

im using a group 31 as an example because the performance characteristics would be similar.

ok. thank you for finally explaining yourself in a way that makes sense now. :clapping:

However I still cant see droping over a grand for a battery when a $300-400 battery will do the same thing. Id rather take that 900 and buy 3 group 31s and have a even larger battery capacity. Or just keep the 1 group 31 and buy a nice high output DC Power alt, And yes I do think those alts are god all mighty :popcorn:

I also want to add a couple more things. :drinks:

aH rating of a group 31 to a lithium cannot really be compared, due to they are way 2 different batteries using 2 different forms of technologies. More then likely that of the lithium may be higher, but then again depending on what kind of group 31 you are using may come close to that lithium or equal. Nor are CCA or CA amps really used in car audio since these are ratings from the early years when cars didnt turn over so easy and you had to sit and crank the engine for a while, Id be more interested in the max amp levels the batteries can discharge.

The higher resting voltage you speak of with the lithium is not higher at all if you are talking 13.2 high. A well maintained agm battery should have no problem resting at the same voltages if not higher! Again this will vary from brand to brand.

As for not having room for more batteries. You can always step to a 16volt battery which are smaller in size then a group 31, slightly cheaper then a group 31 in most cases, and you can charge them at 18volts, again as I said in my last post going with a well built real 300+amp alternator will help drastically too!

The 16 volts charging at 18volts will make give your amps more power, and the smaller size makes them easy to put anywhere. 2 16volts can more then likely fit in the same spot as 1 group 31. Not to mention if your driving a car, you can probably fit 3-5 16volt batteries in the spare tire well in the trunk, stack a couple up on top of each other on the sides of your box, etc.

Also depending on your vehicle, you maybe able to get a custom bracket cut to fit a 2nd alternator on your engine, possibly without sacrificing losing your A/C pump.

Ive seen lots of gear packed in small cars. It just takes creativity and planning.

good points. i dont know if your aware of it but lithium has higher ratings compared to what we use now across the board if we go by casing size. its just the price is right up with it across the board.

im not willing to step up to 16 volt and no way can a dual alt fit in my 01 sequoia. if you or anyone can get me a bracket with out losing anything id pay top dollar for it.

edit: even with a dual set up i still would need a huge bank.

Edited by dohckiller808

Why spend the extra on a lithium ion 12v system when a much cheaper route could be a 14v system. The only way the lithium is practical is when there is a must be weight saving that is the driving force requiring such an investment otherwise your spending money on something not needed. Lithium will never be cheap enough to be practical so how can one say there is a fair price for it unless it's something NEEDED over something wanted.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2