I know a few ppl that paint and they just scuff the stock paint job and go to town. It looks alot easier then it really is so take ur time. If it was me I would get someone else to do it, go by a few shops and talk to the painter himself and see if he will do it on the side

thanks for the advice :)

Me personally when i my maxima painted me and my dad did all the sanding other stuff.. and just took it to maco and had them spray it.. was only about 250 for the job since we did all the prep work. and it looked great till i crashed it. :pardon:

might consider this as well. I also have no idea where to find really good quality matte black

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

house of kolor and ppg paints seem to be the two big brands.

kirker makes a decent cheaper price. all the paints you see with the summit racing or eastwood branding on them are kirker paitns.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

As long as your friends are experienced, meaning you have seen their work and it looked good, then go for it. Just be prepared.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

also note-I meant SATIN black. I want it to have a small glossy look to it.

I've been painting cars for about 6 years now and would say a matte finish by far the hardest because what ever trash is in it stays in it. You cannot buff out any imperfections in the paint. I would say take it to someone who has a good quality booth and has sprayed a car all over in a matte color. I hated spraying matte for that reason. Not saying you can't do it, but if it doesn't come out well it will proly cost you more to get it redone then it would to just take it somewhere the first time. Good luck on whatever you do though.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

I've been painting cars for about 6 years now and would say a matte finish by far the hardest because what ever trash is in it stays in it. You cannot buff out any imperfections in the paint. I would say take it to someone who has a good quality booth and has sprayed a car all over in a matte color. I hated spraying matte for that reason. Not saying you can't do it, but if it doesn't come out well it will proly cost you more to get it redone then it would to just take it somewhere the first time. Good luck on whatever you do though.

thanks :) and is satin the same way? that is what I meant to type

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

thanks :) and is satin the same way? that is what I meant to type

The way I always sprayed it was base coat/clear coat. The clear has a matting agent in that makes is semi flat. It will have a sheen to it like a satin color. You can also do what the call single stage/enamal in a semi flat.

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

Ground the car

Wet the floor

Prep the car GOOD, remove anything you can and tape up the rest. Masking better be on point or you will have fun with over spray clean up.

I would go with Black PPG, and add matting agent to the clear coat(that's what I have read a few times on how it should be done)

If your friends have some painting skills/body prep experience you should be fine.

If you are painting in a home garage make sure the setup is on point and you have a good dry air setup with the compressor.

Just take your time and you will save some $$

Edited by Rell