Purplehaze Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 Chuck Norris probably farts louder then 220db Hmm, I wonder how many db's one could get out of a fart? Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
finkster Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
korey_hofer Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 Chuck Norris probably farts louder then 220db Hmm, I wonder how many db's one could get out of a fart? seth did over a 150 previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
fritosaregood Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 183.xx is the new world record last time I checked. 220 is over 3 times as loud its actually closer to 10,000 times louder... seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
korey_hofer Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 183.xx is the new world record last time I checked. 220 is over 3 times as loud its actually closer to 10,000 times louder... twice as loud to the ear is 10db's? double the acoustical energy is 3db previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
bobobass Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 past 194 decibels it technically is not a sound wave, but a shock wave. 2000 Subaru outback 2.5l Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub front stage: tbd subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18" amp: Audio que 1200d
fritosaregood Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 183.xx is the new world record last time I checked. 220 is over 3 times as loud its actually closer to 10,000 times louder... twice as loud to the ear is 10db's? double the acoustical energy is 3db twice as loud is 3db. a 10 db increase is 10x as loud, and its exponential, so 20 db louder is 100x, 30 is 1000x and 40 is 10000x. there is a formula to give the actual decimal, but thats close enough but im not sure if its considered louder at that point since its not really sound seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
Purplehaze Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 past 194 decibels it technically is not a sound wave, but a shock wave. I don't understand why it would change, is it not still sound? I mean I understand that after 194 it has all the characteristics of a shock wave, but since there was no explosion, is it not still just a massive sound wave? Sorry if I sound like a noob, just trying to understand this concept. It's interesting to me. Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
OBI Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 past 194 decibels it technically is not a sound wave, but a shock wave. I don't understand why it would change, is it not still sound? I mean I understand that after 194 it has all the characteristics of a shock wave, but since there was no explosion, is it not still just a massive sound wave? Sorry if I sound like a noob, just trying to understand this concept. It's interesting to me. ED posted something about this awhile ago. It had something to do with how many waves each had, going in different directions. I'll try and look for that post.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.