Second Skin Audio

Just ordered my first real sub!!

Finally put in an order for my well-needed 15" XL!!!! 6 week back order atm but I know the wait is well worth it.. I have a couple of questions so I can get to work on the box, I will attach a screenshot of my current plan and would love to get feedback on how yall feel or what you would personally do. This is going in a 4 seat sedan in the trunk and tuned anywhere from 28-31hz if the info helps. The sub will be receiving 1200-1500 watts rms so should I upgrade to 1" thick wood or is 3/4" fine? Also, how can you determine if your box design will end up with port noise? As you can see below my port will be 16.5" tall, 3" wide, and 40" in length (length might change). *Outer dimensions are almost as big as I can go*

0V2vv.jpg

I would use atleast 1" thick wood and thats all your givin that XL? its gonna be laughing at that and wanting more...

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

lets get a full picture of that desktop. PM please :yahoo:

2011 Subaru WRX

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD

(2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components

rf2c.png

In the works:

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

(2)DC Audio 12" XLM2

And whats your background of? :buttlick: lmao

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

lets get a full picture of that desktop. PM please :yahoo:

x2 to that haha

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

its one woofer and its a 15 i would tune anywhere between 32-35hz thats just me.. also u dont need 1" mdf/birch whatever ur using i would do 3/4" and just brace it side to side up and down

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Damn you are keeping it low on the tuning...

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Yea I noticed she had some leg hair like 2-3 days after I applied it to my background but I'm the only one that comes into my room (FOREVER ALONE) so I don't really care hahaha. And yea it's only going to get 1200-1500 watts because I asked someone at a respectable company if they could outfit my small ass car with a HO Alt and he said if I stay under 1500 watts I'd be fine with just an extra battery and to forget an HO alt. That's why I'm staying under 1500 watts... As far as bracing goes, what is the easiest way to do so? This is my very first build so I'm looking for all the info I can get. Also, what's the hatin on my tuning for hahaha. If I tune to around 28hz could I damage the sub playing higher notes on music and what not, or does it just hurt the output severely on higher notes?