Hey there guys. So, as of today, I am officially now a California Licensed Driver. :clapping: . But since I just got it, my parents wont give me my OFFICAL car yet because they want me to drive an older car of ours to make sure I won't get into any accidents. If I do get in one, which I doubt but somehow I do, I would be driving the old car so it won't be a big deal.

The car I'm going to be driving is a 1992 Toyota Extended Cab Truck. It's pretty old, but it can still get me to point A to point B. Anyways, I was wondering what are some non-expensive things I could do to it to make it look nicer. I can't get a brand new paint job for $2,000, but there has to be some things out there that can be improved without spending alot of money.

Here are some pictures of the truck. Any suggestions on how to make it look nicer.

0228011714a.jpg

0227012058.jpg

These are the only photo's I have currently, but if you guys have any suggestions on how to make it look a little bit nicer. (Rims, etc)

Thank you!!

EDIT: I'm putting 2 Sundown SA-12's D4 on an AQ1200D in the backseats of the truck in a sealed box I'm buying from AudioSavings. Yes, I will eventually build my own box, but as of now, I'm buying 1.

Edited by RyanJin

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

always liked the single cab ones

IMO i would def tint the windows, paint the steel wheels black but leave the beauty rings on, HID's, remove the mud flaps

clay bar the paint and go on with the waxing. id rock it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Not sure if you like it or not but the stripe down the side really dates the truck and i think it would look alot better without it. Depending if it is a decal or if it is not under the top clear coat it can be removed without a new paintjob. Thats probably what i would start with if i were you.

I did it on my truck and it looks way better. Its quite a bit of work but cost wise its super cheap to do yourself.

Do it on a hot day (shouldnt be a problem since youre in california) and get a spray on tar remover or something to spray on it and let soak in then just try to scrape/rub off and repeat over and over again. It gets tiring but is worth it in the end.

Then some cheap black rims (or white depending on your style) and a tint or something and alittle trim work and that truck could look pretty sick.

Good luck dude!

Team NorthWestSPL

30 inch rims. :peepwall:

I like those trucks lifted for some reason not high but with big tires

Bigger tires would change the total look but that costs a pretty penny LOL

Really nothing i can tell. Paint tires black and tint windows and take off the side vinyl?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

IMO i would def tint the windows, paint the steel wheels black but leave the beauty rings on, HID's, remove the mud flaps

Oh my god! I was about to write the SAME EXACT THING lmao

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Oh my god! I was about to write the SAME EXACT THING lmao

:pardon::good:

looks like a 2wd? no point in lifting it for bigger tires, all sho no go lol

Well I'm going to tink the back windows to like 20%. Maybe I can find some rims to put on it? Or should I just paint it black as of now. I'll also probably remove the stripe when I have time. I don't want to raise or lift it at all because, 1) It's slow as hell. and 2) I just don't see this truck lifted at all. Haha I'm more of a sedan kind of guy. But yeah, I'll take this all in consideration . Thanks !

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely just try to clean it up. Get it mechanically sound (Check your mileage, O2 sensors etc) whatever is holding it back (Low power). I'd focus on fuel metering and delivery. Love the idea of painting the rims black and polishing the beauty rings, cool idea.

See if you can find someone that can sandblast locally and remove the rims and have them done well. Have them powder coated and painted. Will really look different than just painting them.

Without lowering it I'd keep it stock as hell until you're ready for that. Lower it right if you're going to lower it and time it with replacement rims. As you dig around you'll find really good deals (just dig and dig) until you find em and have the lowering job done (Or do) and slap em on. That's the number one thing you'll love about the truck's look is when you lower it.

That radio location looks like it could handle a double din unit so yea there's that =)

You could learn how to take off the door panels, sound deaden the doors before you do ANYTHING so you get the most out of the components. Select components with a decent crossover. Do a couple side firing 10's or 8's in the right box and you'll love the system the entire time you have it.

As you're waiting for it, do the research for the big 3 upgrade, collect the wire, deadening and do the system right piece by piece.

Start a build log and we'll all follow it =)

1998 S10

(Custom din.5 frame)

SONY H/U - 1 Din

Memphis EQ - .5 Din

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Dash Plates)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Door components)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 500.1 (SVC 4OHM tied at 2OHM to monoblock)

2 10 Inch Polk Competition Subs

2 4/6 Plates

2 6.5 Components

Stock Alternator