Found out how bad I have water damage..

One day my system stopped working and I looked around in the trunk to see what was going on, well my amp and box where wet so I looked under my car and found a wet spot.

Thought I had it figured out that that spot was causing the problems. Well I finally got the box out today and seen the inside of the box was molded up and damp, it's been pretty nice the last couple days with no rain.

Went to close my trunk and seen my spare tire cover is discoloured from water and has a couple mold spots. I took the cover off to see the tire is wet, took the tire out to find a fucking kiddie pool in the well. At that point I started flipping out.

So tomorrow I get the go to car wash and vacuum out everything. And I came to the conclusion the seal on the trunk is broke, so now I get to pay for a new seal.

So now I have a question, y'all think I should just build where my backseat is, or should I just get a newer, bigger vehicle?

Are you 100% sure its the trunk seal and not some place else or even a combination of places. I know my neon is known for leaking rear tail lights that need to be resealed with rtv silicone so i would make certain to check any and every place.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I tore all the carpet out and looked everywhere, so it has to be the seal. And the carpet right behind the lights is dry so I don't know. The top of the box would also get get so that's why I'm almost certain it's the seal..

Edited by Vitacy

Might want to lay down papertowels everywhere or something then close the trunk and spray it with a hose so you can tell if was from a light as stated or the what.

I had the same problem with my car...

In my vehicle it was the sunroof drain tubes.

one of them disconnected near the trunk and filled up the spare tire wheel well...

Water inside of the vehicle is NEVER as easy as you want it to be.

CHECK EVERYTHING, lol.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Nope equipment got damaged. Amp completely stopped working, subs were all wet and falling apart, and the box was all moldy on the inside. Oh well I've been wanting to rebuild lol.

And yeah I'm going to check everywhere for leaks. Gonna have towels down and run some water in spots wait a bit then check for water until I cover everywhere.