DC Sound Lab

Level 5 18 ported box build

in all honesty i would take the time and screw the box together...he level 5 for 1 weights a lot and taking hard turns itself is gonna shift the box 2 its got a LOT of pressure behind that sub...next i would have used birch over mdf...i did a double baffle layer all the way around w mdf and that bitch had to weigh over 125 pounds not including the subs. now i got birch and its only double baffled for the subs not the rest of the box..im getting slightly better gas milage..and my truck doesnt squat as much

other than that the box does look nice and you got one badass sub

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Ehh, screws are useless once the glue is dry. The glue is whats gonna hold it together. When I build my box I pre drilled and counter sunk for screws. Then Glued it and used the screws to hold it together. Once all the glue dried I took all the screws out and filled the holes with wood glue. I have 4 18s in my box...no issues. My box is also doubled on all sides.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Box only Being held together by glue? I had my whole box glued and screwed together except for the baffle I used only glue cause I ran out of screws and blew the whole baffle off lol. I ended up bracing and glassing it on. Good luck with that

x2... :pardon: .

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

in all honesty i would take the time and screw the box together...he level 5 for 1 weights a lot and taking hard turns itself is gonna shift the box 2 its got a LOT of pressure behind that sub...next i would have used birch over mdf...i did a double baffle layer all the way around w mdf and that bitch had to weigh over 125 pounds not including the subs. now i got birch and its only double baffled for the subs not the rest of the box..im getting slightly better gas milage..and my truck doesnt squat as much

other than that the box does look nice and you got one badass sub

After I dynamat the back wall I plan on bolting it to it so it won't go anywhere and on top of that we're going to build a battery holder that will be as tall as the box so it all looks like one piece and to make it a wider/tighter fit. But thanks!

Edited by conley916

2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack

audio coming soon

Looks damn good! I still like to have my boxes glued and screwed together though. I know the glue is what really does all the work but I would just rather always have that extra insurance especially with big heavy ass subs and alot of air being moved.

Looks damn good! I still like to have my boxes glued and screwed together though. I know the glue is what really does all the work but I would just rather always have that extra insurance especially with big heavy ass subs and alot of air being moved.

Thanks man and yeah I kinda did too but we'll see what happens haha I think the box should be fine but if anything happens we'll just make another one and use screws lol. Thanks again for that amp!!

2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack

audio coming soon

I know its been said...

Just a x3....the glue is the bond.

Brads, nails, screws etc are pointless once its dry most of the time.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I know its been said...

Just a x3....the glue is the bond.

Brads, nails, screws etc are pointless once its dry most of the time.

Key word right there. Stranger things have happened. Better safe than sorry. But like OP said if it blows apart then they will build the next one with screws. Hope everything works out perfect, it looks damn good.