DC Sound Lab

Second battery or bigger alt depends on the power your running

What amp will you be powering it with?

im looking at getting the 2k so i was thinkin i could prolly get away with a bigger alt.

im running a AQ2200D @ .7 on stock 160 amp alt and a D3400

if you wanna do the alt first thatd be best

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Second battery or bigger alt depends on the power your running

What amp will you be powering it with?

im looking at getting the 2k so i was thinkin i could prolly get away with a bigger alt.

im running a AQ2200D @ .7 on stock 160 amp alt and a D3400

if you wanna do the alt first thatd be best

ok cool thats what i was hopeing how big of a alt do you think i should get?

Ok soon im gonna buy a XL 15, but im kinda clueless on what else i need to get to make it perform how it should, am i gonna need a second battery? or a biger alt., i need to know what kind of box i should build basically everything

You want about 3.5 to 4 cubic ft of enclosure after woofer and port displacement. to figure how big to make the port, do about 16 in per cube.

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) 6 in ports thru the rear deck

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

My friend is powering his AQ 2200 at 1 ohm completely fine with a DC Power 195 amp alternator on a stock battery. Getting a D3400 soon though. The alternator was only like $285, so it's not bad at all.

I'd just do 1/0 wiring for everything, big 3, a nice sized battery up front (XS D3400 or comparable, Shurikens or Stingers are pretty nice) and a 180-220 amp alternator.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

BIG 3- upgraded wiring----use 0ga from alt to battery positive, 0ga from battery ground to chassis, and 0ga ground from alt to chassis. 3 steps= BIG 3

Upgraded front battery and additional battery in the back.

These electrical upgrades should get you by for 2k without needing an upgraded alternator to start with. I am running a DC 2k and 175.4 with a XS d3400 up front and a d375 in the back with little to no voltage drop.

As for a box I would go 3.5-4ft3 after displacements with 17in2 of port per ft3.

BIG 3- upgraded wiring----use 0ga from alt to battery positive, 0ga from battery ground to chassis, and 0ga ground from alt to chassis. 3 steps= BIG 3

Upgraded front battery and additional battery in the back.

These electrical upgrades should get you by for 2k without needing an upgraded alternator to start with. I am running a DC 2k and 175.4 with a XS d3400 up front and a d375 in the back with little to no voltage drop.

As for a box I would go 3.5-4ft3 after displacements with 17in2 of port per ft3.

ok well as far as the cubes for the box go i know how to build but im completly lost when it comes to porting could someone maybe do a box calculator for me??

and as far as batterys go its not a problem for me i work at autovalue so ill just get another red top or something

Edited by Nick0118