Advice on Shocks and Struts for the Burban

So I'm back again with another question on what to do with the truck. I'm looking at replacing the shocks all around on the truck and wanted to get opinions on what to run. This is also in part cause when I put the 26's back on the truck I want to make sure the ride is better than with the factory shocks, which have about 96K miles on them. So far I'm only looking at three brands, Monroe, Rancho, and Bilstein. I've found a shop around me that will install some adjustable Bilstein struts up front for around $550. That would still leave me having to take care of the rears and if I went with Bilstein then I'm looking at round $800. The cheapest deal I could find was the Monroes, which for $650 I could have all four corners done, but I'm hearing that Monroe isn't the best when it comes to quality nor will I have the ability to adjust the height. I can also get the Rancho's RS9000 for around $700.

I guess what I'm looking for is:

1. Ride Comfort

2. Handling with the bigger wheels and tires

3. Leveling off the truck without the use of spring cups

So should I just drop the $550 on the Bilsteins for the fronts now and then do the rears later on, would the Rancho's be a better middle ground,or go ahead and just get the Monroes?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I've only seen bilsteins on offroading vehicles but I have never seen their street line. I've got Monroe load adjusters on the back of my pickup to help with weight. They are a coilover shock that handle 1200 lbs extra beyond factory shocks, and with system weight they handle awesome. Just my .02

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Id go with the bilsteins. Gonna b better quality and ride than the others you suggested.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

Ordering online is one thing, finding a shop that will install said parts that I brought is another. Most shops that I've called willing to install the shocks and do an alignment will only do it with their ordered parts. Besides I'm starting to lean a tad bit more towards the Rancho's. I've been looking at their Rancho Quick Lift strut kit and maybe the RS900XL for the rear. I think if I can get this done for under $700 I may go this route. But I'm still trying to learn more about the Bilsteins.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....