Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

I'm 17, and my dad payed for half of my system and the truck. I did about a year and a half of research on what I wanted. I only have 2 8s but I'm louder than the guy with 4 18s at my school. He doesn't know half of what he thinks he is doing. Don't get me wrong he has cheap stuff. If his stuff was set up correctly it would be 3x as loud.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

my dad bought Me subs to. I'm talking about the super rich kids don't respect what they have..or care

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

my dad bought Me subs to. I'm talking about the super rich kids don't respect what they have..or care

I know somebody just lke that. He played football for 1 season so his dad bought our school a 10 million dollar field, then he stopped caring about football. before he bought his w6(which actually does sound good, all considering) he blew 2 pairs of RF slim subs, 3 pairs of those cheap kickers from walmart, went through 2 headunits, and then bought his w6( a $500 sub) for $900. all in a brand new 50 thousand dollar toyota truck, jacked up on 35"s.

having to un-wire all of my batteries effectively killing my truck, just to slide my box back to do some work on it.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

i just spent 6 hours today, 4 hours last week doing a install on a 97 ws6. the kid (against My wishes) bought 2 jl w7 tens ($275 for one $300 for the other) 2 jl 500/1v1s. ( what he listened to) was he bought a really nice pioneer flip out touch screen, a nice 0g wiring kit with two 4g distro out, lots of deadner(still need install) he also bought all speakers front And back ten speakers all together. as i said just spent 6 hours finishing the subs amps and a few speakers. we get in and i start showing him what everything does. it's his first system(not bad) explaining what a hz Is what the gain does blah blah. crank the volume and it sounds good... kinda. i pop the trunk and... are you fucking kidding me? the one jl w7 he bought (that came with the amp that had maxed out gain and boost) was Blown. well not Blown but coil rub. it sounds good at full volume but low its all.hear. i just felt so bad! he called the kid saying he wants his money back cuz its on its way out. the kid said you've had it for Two weeks and it worked fine when i had it! then hung up. that pissed me off. so what started As a great day doing what i love turned into me wanting to find and hurt someone!

no i was not with him when he bought anything,.or this wouldn't have happened

IMG_20140301_175856_476_zps3bdb5143.jpg

speaker wire is now hidden.

i hated watching all his excitement just wash away from his face!

It's still a very clean install. You did what you could do with the equipment he had.

i just spent 6 hours today, 4 hours last week doing a install on a 97 ws6. the kid (against My wishes) bought 2 jl w7 tens ($275 for one $300 for the other) 2 jl 500/1v1s. ( what he listened to) was he bought a really nice pioneer flip out touch screen, a nice 0g wiring kit with two 4g distro out, lots of deadner(still need install) he also bought all speakers front And back ten speakers all together. as i said just spent 6 hours finishing the subs amps and a few speakers. we get in and i start showing him what everything does. it's his first system(not bad) explaining what a hz Is what the gain does blah blah. crank the volume and it sounds good... kinda. i pop the trunk and... are you fucking kidding me? the one jl w7 he bought (that came with the amp that had maxed out gain and boost) was Blown. well not Blown but coil rub. it sounds good at full volume but low its all.hear. i just felt so bad! he called the kid saying he wants his money back cuz its on its way out. the kid said you've had it for Two weeks and it worked fine when i had it! then hung up. that pissed me off. so what started As a great day doing what i love turned into me wanting to find and hurt someone!

no i was not with him when he bought anything,.or this wouldn't have happened

IMG_20140301_175856_476_zps3bdb5143.jpg

speaker wire is now hidden.

i hated watching all his excitement just wash away from his face!

It's still a very clean install. You did what you could do with the equipment he had.

thank you! next time he stops by I'll take some better pics. still have to do all his sound deading. he didn't want to show off any of the distro blocks and stuff but he finally listened to reason! the best part is you only hear the coil rub at low volumes. just wish he didn't buy any of it and bought what i said!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

When you try and explain the advantages and disadvantages of different setups but all the guy can ask is "so will it be louder than so-and-so or you?" And I'm trying to help him decide btwn a single HDS210 or two sundown E8's going in his trunk under the rear seat. smh. The good thing however is he actually came to me for advice this time unlike the last two time where he asked me to help him and after I did pick out some decent equipment for his budget he would go out and spend way more than he told me on subs and amps that were horrible for the money (ex: kicker 1000w amp for $400)

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire