Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

Local audio shops who don't know what they are talking about and only sell fosgate, kenwood, jl audio, diamond, and memphis and when you show them a real woofer like a Fi Bl 18 i had and they say they don't like Fi and none would ever pay more than $60 for it.

Atleast they'll take it lol. Mine was like "Get the hell out of my shop"

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Local audio shops who don't know what they are talking about and only sell fosgate, kenwood, jl audio, diamond, and memphis and when you show them a real woofer like a Fi Bl 18 i had and they say they don't like Fi and none would ever pay more than $60 for it.

I went to a audio shop, and while looking around for 2 seconds in the store.A shop employee comes to me and asks if he could help me, like I was going to steal something. I got mad and started fast talking him about ohms and xmax.He says hold up I'll get someone who knows more about that kind of thing. The store manager comes to me and tells me that the best they have is Boston and they are better then JL w7's. I say to him that alot of people I know, thinks that JL's are for Yuppies with no audio know how. He tells me that JL is $800 and are top of the line, and The new Boston eggs shaped speakers blow the JL's out of the water. I asked him OK then, why are they so good and he said cause they are the top of the line speaker right now everyone is buying them... I just turned around and left. LOL im lieing I sent him to the back to get prices for amps, speakers,subs, different size subs,etc... before just walking out while he was talking. After he walked back and forth a couple times(Im talking a good 20 min of asking for a different price every time he brought me a new one)

LOL then I turned up my $400 dollar system I put in my girls car, and watched there jaw drop and them brake there necks as I road buy...

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

damn dumb rich, spoiled kids with their parents money. especially when they get their parents to get them a brand new car and that week they go to a car shop and drop over $2000 for 2 lightning audio 12s in a prefab sealed box with matching amp and a basic entry level hu and whatever else the salesman can convince them to buy. and then when they leave they think they have the best system ever put into a vehicle.

I hate how we can't sell a huge build to the average Joe because everyone who owns an amp and a jigsaw will bag them out for not doing it themselves. Also hate how when it comes to car audio sales everyone expects to walk into a shop and get the shop employees to agree that what the store carries is shit and what they don't carry is way better. It's like walking into a Chevrolet dealer and telling them how great a Ford is. For 1 if your doing that your wasting the sales persons time and that person is just trying to make a living and pay their bills. For 2 Their job is to sell you what they have in stock or can order, not sale you things that they won't make any money for. For 3 if you have had someone come into your work and waste your time like that you know how bad it sucks.

If you go into an audio shop do so with the intent to buy something or if your window shopping expect the employee to try and sell you something that they stock. Not something you think is the cats meow by reading about it online. They are places of business and all they are doing is trying to make a living, if you have the need to prove how much you know or how 1 product is better then another log on here and I'll gladly spend hours talking to you about any subject.

/Rant off......Sorry was a shitty day at work, felt good to vent a little. Please don't take it personal.

I hate how we can't sell a huge build to the average Joe because everyone who owns an amp and a jigsaw will bag them out for not doing it themselves.

It is generally because people are lazy asses, that's why people rag on them.

Also hate how when it comes to car audio sales everyone expects to walk into a shop and get the shop employees to agree that what the store carries is shit and what they don't carry is way better.

It's like walking into a Chevrolet dealer and telling them how great a Ford is. For 1 if your doing that your wasting the sales persons time and that person is just trying to make a living and pay their bills.

People on here dont expect that necessarily, they do it as a comic act to see how uninformed and biased sales people are when they push a product they arent even knowledgeable about.

For 2 Their job is to sell you what they have in stock or can order, not sale you things that they won't make any money for. For 3 if you have had someone come into your work and waste your time like that you know how bad it sucks.

If you go into an audio shop do so with the intent to buy something or if your window shopping expect the employee to try and sell you something that they stock. Not something you think is the cats meow by reading about it online. They are places of business and all they are doing is trying to make a living, if you have the need to prove how much you know or how 1 product is better then another log on here and I'll gladly spend hours talking to you about any subject.

/Rant off......Sorry was a shitty day at work, felt good to vent a little. Please don't take it personal.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Wow, comic relief....... I hope you have a job where people come in and fuck with you all day because it's fun.

I do agree with you Larry, that they will push their product so you should expect that, but then again if it is there job. They should be knowledgeable on the subject don't cha think?

Edit: Also, if you know about the subject people can't screw around with you because you'll know what to say with ever smart ass question they decide to ask you.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Wow, comic relief....... I hope you have a job where people come in and fuck with you all day because it's fun.

I do agree with you Larry, that they will push their product so you should expect that, but then again if it is there job. They should be knowledgeable on the subject don't cha think?

Oh I completely agree! 100%. I agree if your gonna sell it know about it. But there are millions of different products out there and ways of doing things. I have people every week come in and all they do is question me about shit I don't carry or spend hours telling me how they did this or that. Then I have the 1's who are self proclaimed experts on all things car audio who will vomit specs about anything. But a majority of our work is car alarms, remote starts and blow stock speaker replacement so I train our guys on knowing alot about that kind of shit. There are thousands of cars and each 1 is unique to wire. Point being Lawyers don't know every law in every state, thats why they have law libraries, Doctors refer to books all the time for answers. Sometimes your local dealer may not know everything so don't expect them to. Be nice, they are only human.

Oh I completely agree! 100%. I agree if your gonna sell it know about it. But there are millions of different products out there and ways of doing things. I have people every week come in and all they do is question me about shit I don't carry or spend hours telling me how they did this or that. Then I have the 1's who are self proclaimed experts on all things car audio who will vomit specs about anything. But a majority of our work is car alarms, remote starts and blow stock speaker replacement so I train our guys on knowing alot about that kind of shit. There are thousands of cars and each 1 is unique to wire. Point being Lawyers don't know every law in every state, thats why they have law libraries, Doctors refer to books all the time for answers. Sometimes your local dealer may not know everything so don't expect them to. Be nice, they are only human.

Lol, yeah if you don't carry it then you shouldn't be held accountable to know it, but the telling you what they did*.. meh they just want someone to talk to about audio :) By the way.. I'm a car audio expert.. I have a wall, it's tuned at 57 hertz with a port width of 1.75 inch ;)

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Archived