Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

When people tell me or others with large trunk cars to stick with 2 12's because it's a trunk car. Got it off on a recent thread, which is why I'm ranting a bit.

In my case, I can fit close to an 8 cu ft regular box(well, all the way to the end of the trunk without building into the trunk) with room on the sides for batteries and amps in my car, I'm going with 2 15's in my build when funds come cause I don't use my trunk, I have backseats, end of story.

generally its tough to fit 2 15s in a trunk

I know, but it's some people I know telling me I should stick with 2 12's, but if I got the airspace and still room for amps, and possible batteries, then why not.

generally people think they have the room...then dont once its done.

People who ask for advice. Get good advice and pretty much say well that's not what I wanted to hear so i'll so it mybway

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

When people tell me or others with large trunk cars to stick with 2 12's because it's a trunk car. Got it off on a recent thread, which is why I'm ranting a bit.

In my case, I can fit close to an 8 cu ft regular box(well, all the way to the end of the trunk without building into the trunk) with room on the sides for batteries and amps in my car, I'm going with 2 15's in my build when funds come cause I don't use my trunk, I have backseats, end of story.

I know, but it's some people I know telling me I should stick with 2 12's, but if I got the airspace and still room for amps, and possible batteries, then why not.

I measured many times, played around with torres many times, and can fit 8 cubes with proper amount of port with a slot port after 2nd baffle, and displacements, and that's keeping a regular shaped box in between the trunk hinges, and all the way to the back of course, leaving the sides left alone for the batteries, and amps, and not to mention the spare tire as well is also left alone, which in itself is 3 cubes(85 liters according to my finnish friend who drives the same car, and competes, and made a fiberglass enclosure using the spare tire well), so that's plenty room for batteries as well. According to Volvo, my trunk has a total volume of 15.1 cubes, my trunk is fucking huge lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I measured many times, played around with torres many times, and can fit 8 cubes with proper amount of port with a slot port after 2nd baffle, and displacements, and that's keeping a regular shaped box in between the trunk hinges, and all the way to the back of course, leaving the sides left alone for the batteries, and amps, and not to mention the spare tire as well is also left alone, which in itself is 3 cubes(85 liters according to my finnish friend who drives the same car, and competes, and made a fiberglass enclosure using the spare tire well), so that's plenty room for batteries as well. According to Volvo, my trunk has a total volume of 15.1 cubes, my trunk is fucking huge lol

They are big enough to put three people in it lol.

now im sincerely jealous...

You can find the car for around $2k to $3k if you're ever looking for a car just for numbers

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

You can find the car for around $2k to $3k if you're ever looking for a car just for numbers

id buy a big suv for that =]

but yea if i wanted a loud trunk id consider it

i wish i was loud...

damn trunks

Archived