Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

People thinking dB's will make you go deaf, it's actually distortion. If you listen to a 150 db car with less than 1% thd, you'll be fine, disoriented but fine. Listen to a 150 dB car with 10% thd, and you'll be in the hospital due to your ears being blown out.

I call :bull:

What makes you think that only distortion kills your eardrums? Whatever resonates your ear drum hard enough will make you go deaf. My uncle is 35% deaf in his right ear from fighting in Viet Nam. You think gun shots are distorted?!?

OH, and when people spread mis-truths. The car audio scene is already a joke without stupid people spreading fucking lies and making the whole lot look like a bunch of fucking assholes.

Hmmm. yeah, I guess I overlooked that one. Idk, it always seems like when you have less distortion, you can turn it up louder without hurting your ears like if I turn up my stock car stereo plus the sub too loud, even if the sub is off, it hurts my ears while my friend with a 2k system when he goes full blast for an hour, and I feel nothing. Plus I see people who drive 150+ db daily drivers like Steave Meade for example, who went full blast a few times for demos, and such, and they said their hearing is fine.

Yeah, I know going full blast for a long period of time is bad idea, but it pisses me that people think "Oh, you're gonna go deaf for sitting for even sitting 1 second in a loud vehicle"

Plus, I also came to realize dB does not equal volume cause the perception of volume is different from sound pressure.

When I posted that, I wasn't thinking straight cause I was actually pissed off, and I didn't have my coffee, so sorry about that.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Prices!!

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

When some think Car Audio is stupid and pointless, but they think having High Performance Modifications, and fancy ass rims on their BMW/Mustang their parents spoon fed them to is the most important thing in the world. Speed is equally as fun as Sound in my opinion.

When Home Audio enthusiasts think Car Audio is all noise, and garbage, and just built to be loud.

People thinking dB's will make you go deaf, it's actually distortion. If you listen to a 150 db car with less than 1% thd, you'll be fine, disoriented but fine. Listen to a 150 dB car with 10% thd, and you'll be in the hospital due to your ears being blown out.

i agree with sounds as fun as speed. my dart has a 6 cylinder with stock tranny n gearing and doesnt like over 65 so i have a nice sounding setup that gets loud and i love to drive it slow and loud, just to sport. : D

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

When some think Car Audio is stupid and pointless, but they think having High Performance Modifications, and fancy ass rims on their BMW/Mustang their parents spoon fed them to is the most important thing in the world. Speed is equally as fun as Sound in my opinion.

When Home Audio enthusiasts think Car Audio is all noise, and garbage, and just built to be loud.

i agree with sounds as fun as speed. my dart has a 6 cylinder with stock tranny n gearing and doesnt like over 65 so i have a nice sounding setup that gets loud and i love to drive it slow and loud, just to sport. : D

I love speed as much as I love sound, so when you drive a slow car that can't really be any faster, the only way really to make it fun is adding a nice system, now if you can have both, then it's even better, and my dad actually learned how to drive on a Dart :)

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I love speed as much as I love sound, so when you drive a slow car that can't really be any faster, the only way really to make it fun is adding a nice system, now if you can have both, then it's even better, and my dad actually learned how to drive on a Dart :)

I love having both. FTW :nuts:

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

I hate how the last 2 clicks on the volume knob before clipping makes the difference between staying in the 13's or dropping into high 10's, voltage drop fucking sucks.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

What makes you think that only distortion kills your eardrums? Whatever resonates your ear drum hard enough will make you go deaf. My uncle is 35% deaf in his right ear from fighting in Viet Nam. You think gun shots are distorted?!?

OH, and when people spread mis-truths. The car audio scene is already a joke without stupid people spreading fucking lies and making the whole lot look like a bunch of fucking assholes.

Hmmm. yeah, I guess I overlooked that one. Idk, it always seems like when you have less distortion, you can turn it up louder without hurting your ears like if I turn up my stock car stereo plus the sub too loud, even if the sub is off, it hurts my ears while my friend with a 2k system when he goes full blast for an hour, and I feel nothing. Plus I see people who drive 150+ db daily drivers like Steave Meade for example, who went full blast a few times for demos, and such, and they said their hearing is fine.

Yeah, I know going full blast for a long period of time is bad idea, but it pisses me that people think "Oh, you're gonna go deaf for sitting for even sitting 1 second in a loud vehicle"

Plus, I also came to realize dB does not equal volume cause the perception of volume is different from sound pressure.

When I posted that, I wasn't thinking straight cause I was actually pissed off, and I didn't have my coffee, so sorry about that.

Sorry I went off on you like that... that last line wasn't really aimed at you specifically... I just blew up. Shitty day.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Sorry I went off on you like that... that last line wasn't really aimed at you specifically... I just blew up. Shitty day.

It's alright dude, shitty days gets to everyone

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

When you get jaded by all these people asking for advice and they don't follow it. If you are going to do whatever you want why ask for help in the first place. I can see why you guys go off on noobs.

Waiting two weeks for batteries and when they get here you realize you have to wait two more weeks for the wire to install them to get here. Argghhhhh.

When you constantly keep coming up with ways to improve your system. I'm in the process of future-proofing my build. Lol I would like to be done with it or be at a point that I can leave it for an extended period of time. not sure its possible though. There is always that new driver, processor, amplifier that you want.

When I want to install a tablet in the car to hold all my songs but that means moving the cd player down which means relocating climate controls and haven't even tackled the idea of installing an 8” fullrange driver as my center channel in the dash.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived