HO alt replacement rectifier

thats about what i paid to have an old alt rebuilt. that one also had a broken stud. so i think it sounds like a fair price.

Yea, but he said the stud isn't replaceable. Can't connect power wire, then whats the point?

read it again. they cant just reattach the stud, they have to replace the rectifier because the stud is part of it.

at least thats my understanding of it.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Are they excessive amperage alts?

No...even better, Iraggi. :peepwall:

My main concern right now is that I am being told the rectifier is only good for 145a. Again I dont know jack about alts so I dont know what this means.

Edited by PUNKYOU007

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Are they excessive amperage alts?

No...even better, Iraggi. :peepwall:

My main concern right now is that I am being told the rectifier is only good for 145a. Again I dont know jack about alts so I dont know what this means.

FYI i have two of the same alts both ive ran in my burban and one was from CJ18 on here

both work great and my first one ive ran for over a year and a half now

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

dom did make some rock solid chevy alts. some others not so much.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I am in now way worried that these will not perform. So many people had great luck with Iraggi....the lack of CS is what sucks teh balls.

I am worried about this damn rectifier thing tho. I mean the guy who is working on my shit knows alts some what but he dont know jack shit about HO alts. I dont want him replacing my rectifier with some POS that's gonna cause the alt to not do what it should.

Me and him went back and forth last night and this morning about the fact that there is such a thing as a 300a. he meant he was gonna tell me my alts are only 130a. He worked for an alt/starte shop for 15 years so I know he knows what he is doing. I just want the right parts put back in.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I am in now way worried that these will not perform. So many people had great luck with Iraggi....the lack of CS is what sucks teh balls.

I am worried about this damn rectifier thing tho. I mean the guy who is working on my shit knows alts some what but he dont know jack shit about HO alts. I dont want him replacing my rectifier with some POS that's gonna cause the alt to not do what it should.

Me and him went back and forth last night and this morning about the fact that there is such a thing as a 300a. he meant he was gonna tell me my alts are only 130a. He worked for an alt/starte shop for 15 years so I know he knows what he is doing. I just want the right parts put back in.

if i were you i dould try to get ahold of either DC power or mechman and ask them about it, they will know what you need to do

if the 145 amp rectifier he is talking about will down the amp in power, maybe you can buy a rectifier for a true H/O alt company and get him to put it in?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer