HO alt replacement rectifier

I got an alt in the mail and during shipping I guess it got hit pretty hard. Hard enough to break the stud that you mount the power wire to right off. No it wasnt insured. Any ideas on if this can be fixed? Maybe have a stud welded on?

Edited by PUNKYOU007

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Of course it can be fixed. Take it to an alternator shop and see how much it will cost to repair. Shop around for the best price. Send it back to the seller if you can..

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

jeff whered you get it from its my understanding if you dont insure it as a seller its up to you to ensure the package makes it 100%. the insurance is to protect the seller more so than the buyer

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Naw it ain't like that. I got an amazing deal on some Alts. He offered to take care of it even if that meant taking the alt back...I would rather just fix it locally. I ain't mad, shit happens. I actually have it at a shop now that said he should be able to fix it. Well see.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Naw it ain't like that. I got an amazing deal on some Alts. He offered to take care of it even if that meant taking the alt back...I would rather just fix it locally. I ain't mad, shit happens. I actually have it at a shop now that said he should be able to fix it. Well see.

d(-__-)b

ok cool. :drinks:

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So the guy thats checking my alt out said he has to put a new rectifier on. He said the stud is not replaceable. Now that being said this is a "300A" alt and i am being told that the rectifier that is on the alt now is a 145 A rectifier. They will put a new one on but will not warranty it since the alt is "300A".

He is charging me $85 to do the work....what do you guys think about this? I dont know shit about alts really.

d(-__-)b

thats about what i paid to have an old alt rebuilt. that one also had a broken stud. so i think it sounds like a fair price.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.